Spicy Avocado Sauce Pasta
Flavorful start of week with spicy and creamy avocado pesto coated pasta, served with side of cajon seasoned fried eggs. yum!
Posted By Savita
Spicy Avocado Sauce Pasta is a healthy, gluten free dinner side or main! A spicy, and zesty combination of flavors with good fats of avocado, antioxidants of chilies and is creamy without even a drop of cream! Like amaZing!
Avocado pesto, if I may call it, is vegan because it is totally plant based. I paired it with a cajon-spiced fried egg for lunch yesterday but if you serve it without egg.. avocado pasta meal will also be vegan.
Avocado Pesto is like smooth and creamy friend of chunky guacamole, only with little more depth of flavor. This depth of flavor is needed because we are planning to coat neutral pasta in it.
Now think, will you like just few spoons of guac smothered pasta? No, right?
So, I added double layer of flavor: one in sauce and one in pasta to make it well prepared meal rather than a guac coated avocado pasta.
Keep reading to uncover my flavor story..
- 2 Avocado (ripe, ready to use but not brown)
- 3 Jalapeno
- 3 tbsp Lime (juice)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (leaves)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Cashew (paste, or 5-6 cashew soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 1/2 lbs Pasta (I have used gluten free thin spagahetti )
- 2 Egg(s) (hard bolied, peel and halved)
- 1 tbsp Cajon Seasoning
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Capers (for serving)
Spicy Avocado Sauce
- 1. Bring a pot of water to rolling boil. Season with salt. Cook pasta until al-dente.
- 2. While pasta cooking, roast jalapeno chilies on open flame until nicely charred. Place covered in container until completely cool. Scrape off skin and remove seeds.
- 3. In food processor, combine all ingredients for avocado pesto along with roasted jalapenos. Pulse until pureed and creamy. If sauce appears too thick, add 1-2 tbsp. water (not more). Taste and adjust salt and lime juice.
- 4. For cajon fried eggs, heat 2 tsp oil in a saute pan, season egg cut side with liberal coating of Cajon Seasoning, then fry cut side down until brown and crispy.
- 5. Mix avocado pesto with pasta. garnish with capers. Serve immediately with dust of cajon seasoning and side of fried eggs! enjoy!