Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka
Homemade Chicken Tikka with same authentic tikka taste, and colorful veggies.. all prepared on one sheet pan!
Posted By Savita
This recipe for Chicken Tikka, the epic Indian chicken main course, has been made easy and quick with sheet pan cooking! Chicken pieces coated in classic chicken tikka spices - cumin, garam masala, ginger, garlic, and baked on sheet pan topped on colorful bell peppers and onions.
I call it, weekday-time-saver chicken dinner!
Just like you, I'm very busy on weekdays. So, weekdays always get me thinking to simplify recipes and make dinner which will not hold me long in kitchen. Like this sheet pan Chicken Tikka comes together in a breeze. There are only three simple steps and 10-12 minutes prep to ready a sheet full of homemade tandoori-style chicken tikka dinner!
1) Marinate Chicken. 2) Rough chop veggies. 3) Arrange everything on sheet pan. Bake!
After 20-25 minutes, enjoy homemade chicken tikka! Gluten free, nut free, healthier, and still bursting with flavor.
- 1.5 lbs Chicken (boneless chicken thighs, halved or quatered)
- 2 Bell Pepper (I used, 1 red and 1 green, thick slices)
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (thick sliced)
- Salt and Black Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 6 tbsp Yogurt (thick, greek-style yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp Food Color (10-12 drops of orange food color, optional)
- 1-2 Lime (zest of half lime and 2 tbsp juice)
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste (2 inch ginger + 5-6 garlic cloves, grated)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (or use Indian Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder (roasted and ground cumin powder)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (paprika, or indian lal mirch, add less if like less heat)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Cilantro (fresh leaves, chopped)
Sheet Pan Chicken
Chicken Tikka Marinade
- 1. To marinate chicken, mix all ingredients for chicken tikka marinade in a medium size bowl. Add bone-less chicken pieces and coat well. Cover the bowl, refrigerate, and let it marinate for 30 minutes. (or overnight)
- 2. When ready to cook, preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread diced bell peppers and onion. Drizzle oil and season with generous two pinches of salt and generous pinch of black pepper. Place marinated chicken on top, spaced apart.
- 3. Bake for 20-22 minutes, then switch to broiler setting and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, or until chicken is charred at edges and fully cooked through.
- 4. Serve over rice or with side of naan bread. Enjoy!
Make dinner more substantial by baking some potatoes or cauliflower with the chicken. Or Boil some rice while chicken cooks to serve on the side.
Time of baking will vary based on size of chicken pieces. Please make sure that chicken is fully cooked before consuming!