Deviled Egg Pasta Salad with Avocado
Fit and lite Deviled Egg Pasta Salad with avocado, cucumbers and zippy lemon dressing! GF
Posted By Savita
Put leftover Easter eggs to delicious use with this easy Deviled Egg Pasta Salad! In this egg pasta salad creamy avocados, sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, leftover/boiled eggs meet a zesty lemony dressing.. for a scrumptious after-Easter lunch or dinner!
After festivity and enjoying holiday food.. for me, it is good to know I can put together delicious and healthy meal for my family.. without working much! So, I always keep some leftover recipes in my repertoire: 1) to give some relief to loaded refrigerator. 2) to make my life easy.3) to eat healthier after comforting dinner and party food.
Few weeks ago, I shared some delicious Deviled Eggs recipes for Easter brunch...
Jalapeno Deviled EggsBuffalo Chicken Deviled EggsAvocado Deviled Eggs
... after working on 2 of the above recipes.. I had a big batch of deviled eggs leftovers. Now, as much as I love serving deviled eggs for party horderves (finger food appetizers)... I don't like leftovers hanging in refrigerator for long... Since eggs will not tast...
- 1/2 lbs Pasta (penne or farfalle, I used gluten free variety)
- 4 Cup Egg(s) (hard boiled or leftovers, small diced)
- 2 Avocado (ripe, scooped and small diced)
- 1 Cucumber (large hot-house cucumber, small diced)
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (or heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (small chopped)
- 3 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce (use more or less per preference )
- 1/2 Jalapeno (seeds and stem removed)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried, or 8-10 leaves fresh)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- Black Pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta has cooked, drain and set aside.
- 2. Dressing: In food processor, add all dressing ingredients and process until dressing is smooth and all ingredients are fully chopped.
- 3. Salad: In a wide salad bowl, add cooked, drained and cooled pasta. Add diced avocado, eggs, tomatoes and cucumber. Pour dressing over the salad. Toss to coat everything with dressing. Taste and adjust salt, black pepper. (I like to add few more dash of Tabasco if needed.) Serve and enjoy!