Parmesan Crusted Chicken Caprese
Posted By Savita
Parmesan crusted chicken stuffed with classic caprese ingredients - mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, and basil. This skillet chicken may sound a mouthful but just needs 7 main ingredients including chicken! With just 15 minutes prep, this is one of my favorite chicken dinner when family is home in summer vacations.
Classic Caprese ingredients - mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and fresh basil are must-try combination in summers. Especially because tomatoes are so sweet in summers and basil is easily available... with fresh melted mozzarella, Caprese chicken taste delightful!
Oh, and parm crust is like cherry on top!
A dinner like this, parmesan crusted chicken stuffed with mozzarella, tomato and basil and side of pasta or salad will cost in $$ in restaurants. At home, you need one skillet and clean real 6-7 main ingredients for a family of three or four. (depending on serving size). Plus recipe is so simple, you can double it easily and freeze a few portion as well.
How good does that sound?
- 1.5 lbs Chicken (2-3 chicken breast, butterflied or fan-ed )
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs (panko)
- 4 tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (4 ounce, sliced to 6 small pieces)
- 1-2 Tomatoes (large tomato, to get 6 round slices)
- 1 Egg(s)
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 8-10 Basil (fresh leaves, more for garnish )
Stuffed Chicken Caprese
- 1. In a wide plate, add fine chop parsley, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan with garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In a separate bowl, beat egg, season with pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Heat two tablespoon oil in a wide cast iron skillet on medium heat. Also, set en to pre heat at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4. Stuff each chicken breast with 2 slice of mozzarella, 2 slice of tomato, few leaves of basil. Close, holding from seam-side, coat in egg wash, then place in plate with parmesan-bread mixture. Pat to coat fully, flip and coat other side.
- 5. Place parmesan coated chicken breast on skillet. Repeat step-4 for remaining chicken and place in same pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until parmesan-panko crust is light brown. Flip and cook other side for another 2 minutes. Transfer pan to preheat oven and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.