Kimchi Fried Rice
Say "hello" to one-pan meatless zippy Monday dinner of Kimchi Fried Rice with mushroom, edamame and broccoli!
Posted By Savita
Kimchi Fried Rice, rice pan fried with Korean Kimchi, eggs and veggies, is a must try recipe for every fried rice lover. These rice are flavorful, loaded with veggies, and make a complete meatless summer meal plus has healthy serving of fermented probiotics all at once.
Oh, you know the best part? It needs less than 20 minutes to make this one-pan dinner... Far less time than ordering a takeout and waiting for delivery.
You guys! Imagine an Asian style Spicy Fried Rice dinner with eggs, veggies, tangy spicy Kimchi, garlic, chilies, and Asian seasonings. A recipe that bold and still 20 minutes! Meatless Monday dinner can't get easier than this!
Not just stop there! Serve on side for weekend BBQ, pack it in jars to bring for picnic, or make big batch for potluck! These Kimchi Fried Rice will make you proud wherever you serve'em!
So, let's dig in!
Kimchi! What is that?
- 225 Grams Mushrooms (shiitake or button mushroom, small chopped)
- 3 Cup Rice (cooked and cooled rice)
- 1 Cup Kimchi (medium spicy, roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion (sliced into half moons)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (3-4 cloves, minced)
- 1/2 Cup Edamame (shelled, or green peas, frozen)
- 2 tbsp Raisins (optional)
- 2 Egg(s) (slightly beaten, optional)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (or sambal paste, or any chili garlic sauce)
- 1 Cup Broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (fresh leaves, chopped)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges, for serving)
Mushroom Fried Rice
- 1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep, heavy bottom saute pan or wok. Add diced mushroom with pinch of salt. Saute until tender most of water from mushroom has evaporated. Add onion, garlic and cook until onions are soft.
- 2. Add slightly beaten eggs, cook until scrambled. Add in kimchi, sriracha, continue saute for 1 more minute.
- 3. Add broccoli florets, frozen shelled edamame with heat on high and cook for 1 minute or until crisp tender
- 4. Now add cooked rice, soy sauce, raisins, half of chopped cilantro. Stir fry with rice with kimchi-mushroom sitting at the bottom for 2 minute or until rice are warmed through and have picked up color of kimchi and soy sauce.
- 5. Garnish with remaining cilantro, lime wedges, and more kimchi (optional). Serve and enjoy!