Caesar Pasta Salad
This Summer Pasta Salad is my re-take on Caesar Salad with bow-tie pasta and a creamy Caesar dressing!
Posted By Savita
Caesar Pasta Salad, a creamy summer pasta salad inspired from Caesar Salad with crunchy romaine lettuce, bow-tie pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a delicious Caesar salad dressing. With crunch of croutons and buttery parmesan cheese.. this summer pasta salad is dream-come-true for Caesar salad and summer pasta salad lover!
It is one of my favorite potluck Pasta Salad. it takes just 20 minutes start to finish. Plus, I love the fact that I have something which everyone can eat in my summer gatherings. Even anyone with egg/fish allergy will not have to stay away from this Caesar Pasta Salad because I dress it in homemade vegetarian Cesar dressing!
Honestly, I love to bring something to potlucks which everyone can enjoy. With lots of my friends shifting to vegetarian diet in summers. So, such all-veggie salads fill the gap. Also, there is only that much cooked on grill at a time.. while burgers are grilling, filling salads such as this pasta salad are something everyone like to snack on.
- 1 lbs Pasta (farfalle or penne)
- 2 Lettuce (romaine hearts, chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (or heirloom cherry tomatoes, whole not halved)
- 1 Cucumber (hot house, sliced into half moons )
- 3-4 Green Onion (only green parts, thin sliced)
- 1-2 Cup Croutons
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegenaise (olive oil vegenaise or regular mayonaise)
- 1/3 Cup Yogurt (greek plain low-fat yogurt)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (2 tsp and rest divided)
- 2 tsp Mustard (dijon mustard)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp Garlic (2 cloves, grated)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (freshly cracked)
- 1 tbsp Capers (rough chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese (more for serving)
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta has cooked, run it through cold water, drain well, then transfer it to a wide salad bowl, add 2 tsp oil, toss well and set aside to cool completely.
- 2. To make dressing, in a wide salad bowl, add all dressing ingredients i.e. capers, soy sauce, yogurt, olive oil, vegenaise (or mayo if using), mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper with 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. Mix well with whisk and set aside.
- 3. In bowl with dressing, add cooked and cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion, and romaine lettuce. Toss to coat everything in dressing at the bottom of bowl. Garnish with more parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
If making for a potluck or serving later?
1.Don't mix in croutons with salad. Mix those in just before serving.
2. Reserve a few tbsps of dressings while mixing in pasta salad ingredients. Mix it in just before serving.
Vegenaise is good replacement if you can't eat eggs. If not, feel free to use regular mayo.