Smoked Chicken Quesadillas
Chili's Copycat Smoked Chicken Quesadillas for dinner with easy home-style smoked chicken, jalapeno aioli, and fresco salad!
Posted By Savita
Smoked Chicken Quesadillas, or I should say, Chili's Smoked Chicken Quesadillas are tortillas stuffed with smoked chicken, sauteed bell peppers, onions, cheese, and jalapeno aioli sauce. Very easy to put together and bursting with flavor, this Chili's copycat recipe is perfect for a Mexican dinner night at home.
Honestly, with easy home smoked chicken (you don't need smoker for this recipe), zesty jalapeno aioli, sweet onions and peppers.. I find these quesadilla even better than Chili's! Not just that, the money saved for dinner for a family of four, is worth the effort.
So, let's wear our CDH (Chef De Home) cap and get cooking! Shall we?
Whenever we dine out, I make sure to bring some inspiration home to share an exciting recipe with you. We love dinning at Chili's once in a while. Last time we were at Chili's on Cinco De Mayo. Restaurant was so packed that we got seat at the bar that too after 25 minutes wait. It was a Tuesday and we were in mood of some good tacos... but bar tender recommended us to try Mexican Grilled Corn and Smoke...
- 1 lbs Chicken (breasts, skinless and boneless )
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke (mixed with 2 tablespoon water)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8-10 dash Hot Sauce (such as Tabasco, adjust per taste )
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 20 Tortillas (I used small corn tortillas, if using large, buy 10 flour tortillas)
- 1/2 Cup Aioli (jalapeno aioli sauce, recipe in notes)
- 2 Bell Pepper (1 red, 1 green, small diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Mexican three cheese blend, or Monterey Jack cheese)
Smoked Chicken Marinade
- 1. In a bowl (with lid), mix smoked chicken marinade ingredients with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Add chicken, coat well, cover with lid and refrigerate to marinate for at-least 30 minutes to 2 hour.
- 2. Preheat grill or heavy bottom pan (if cooking indoor). Spray with oil, grill chicken on medium heat until cooked through. Remove on a board, let it site for 10 minutes, thin diced to small pieces to fill in quesadilla.
- 3. On a grilling pan, add in diced peppers with pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove peppers in a bowl. In same pan, add diced onions, turn heat to low and let cook until onions are soft and start caramelize. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 4. To assemble quesadilla, spray same pan or an iron griddle with oil, keep heat on low, place 3-4 tortillas (depending upon size of griddle). Top each tortilla with equal portion of diced smoked chicken, sauted peppers, caramelized onions, generous drizzle of jalapeno aioli, and grated cheese. Top with second tortilla. Spray top with cooking oil. When cheese starts to melt, press tortilla with flat spatula to seal everything together. Flip top side down and cook until both sides of tortilla are brown, and quesadilla filling has warmed through with cheese melted.
- 5. Serve hot, Chill's style with side of Jalapeno Aioli, fresco salad (recipe in notes)! Enjoy!
AioliFor serving Jalapeno aioli, in a bowl add 1 cup mayo, 1 garlic minced, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp parmesan crumbled, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced. Mix well to process in food processor until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
Check out Chill's Fresco Salad recipe