Tzatziki Chicken Salad
Posted By Savita
Tzatziki Chicken Salad, a creamy chicken salad with grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, coated in refreshing yogurt-dill tzatziki dressing. Carb free, low fat, gluten free, protein-rich and loaded with delicious flavors!
Bring it to potlucks, or treat yourself to a no-carb protein-rich meal, or simply serve for dinner with side of bread...This chicken salad works either way!
This week has been totally Mediterranean food week! Don't you think? We started with Chicken Souvlaki from sunny Greece, added magic of homemade Tzatziki sauce! Today, I'm wrapping up week with this creamy Tzatziki Chicken Salad!
I love sharing a set of recipes which compliment each other. Honestly, this is how I cook at home by planning a menu over the weekend, buying some ingredients fresh and picking some pantry! Like this week, clearly, chicken salad is bonus of cooking chicken kabobs and tzatziki... still it is a complete delicious meal.
- 1.5 Cup Chicken (grilled chicken kabobs, or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Cucumber (large hothouse cucumber, small diced)
- 1 Bell Pepper (red or green, small diced, seeds discarded )
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved or quartered )
- 1/2 Cup Olives (kalamata or mix, rough chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion (thin sliced or chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder (toasted, ground cumin seeds)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Greek plain non-fat yogurt)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Jalapeno (seeds discarded, minced, optional)
- 1 tsp Garlic (2-3 cloves, grated)
- 2 tbsp Dill Leaves (more for garnish)
- 1. To make tzatziki sauce, in a wide salad bowl, mix all tzatziki sauce ingredients. Fold in herbs and small diced cucumber. Taste and adjust salt/black pepper. Refrigerate while preparing rest of salad ingredients.
- 2. In meantime, chop cooked chicken to bite-size pieces. Also, dice veggies - bell pepper, olives, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno(if using).
Add all chopped chicken salad ingredients into salad bowl with Tzatziki. Add cumin powder and one more tablespoon lemon juice. Fold to coat everything into creamy dressing. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Additional Notes:If serving later, don't mix in tzatziki sauce into salad. Add it 30 minutes before serving. Chill after mixing.