Cranberry and Orange butter
Posted By Savita
For an occasion when you want something different, Cranberry and orange butter is a delicious accompaniment for Thanksgiving Turkey dinner.
This super delicious sweet spread also goes great with rolls, bagels, pancakes, waffles, crackers, breads, english muffins, pound cake, gingerbread, apple cake, muffins, pumpkin bread or just plain toast. Use as a sweet spread, a savory accompaniment, or with freshly shelled nuts. you will surely love this cranberry sauce
- 1/2 lbs Cranberries
- 1 Oranges (Juice And Zest of 1 Orange)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1. Wash the cranberries.
- 2. Bring 1 cup water to boil in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add cranberries and cover. Heat till all berries pop.
- 3. Uncover pan and continue cooking for 10 minutes or till all berries are soft. Now mash berries with a potato masher or fork.
- 4. Sieve the mashed cranberries juice. Add juice and zest of 1 orange and butter to the juice. Return to heat. Add sugar and stir till sugar has dissolved.
- 5. Bring the mixture to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes till the mixture is shiny and woden spoon run through bottom of pan leaves a clear trail.
- 6. At this point cranberry orange butter is ready. You can keep it in sealed air tight container for upto 6 months - 1 year Or use it fresh. Refrigrate the leftovers if container is not sealed.