Moroccan Carrot Salad
Posted By Savita
Moroccan carrot salad, a grated raw carrot salad with walnuts, raisins, and refreshing sweet-and-sour honey, turmeric and ginger dressing. Gluten free with at-least 2 carrots in each serving.
So, let's eat more raw carrots but in a delicious salad bowl!
For my love of salads, and zesty flavors, I keep very open mind for trying new things. Sometimes you get inspirations where least expected. Isn't it? This zippy Moroccan carrot salad is example of one such pleasant find in a Greek restaurant.
This was the time when we were packing our stuff last month. Whole house was upside down. Specially kitchen was half packed. So we decided to eat out.. nothing fancy, just something simple and quick. We went to Daphne's. I ordered a falafel plate with side of this Moroccan salad. I honestly love their falafels but that day Moroccan carrot salad won me completely.
A raw carrot salad with refreshing sweet and tangy dressing, sprinkle of feta cheese and dill leaves with crunch of walnuts, and sweetness of raisins... OMG! So so good.
- 1 lbs Carrots (pre packaged grated, or 1.5 lbs if coarse grated at home)
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts (rough chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Fresh Herbs ( dill leaves, parsley, and/or mint)
- Honey (about 1.5 tablespoon, adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1 Apple Cider Vinegar (adjust per taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt (adjust to taste, I added about 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard (prepared yellow mustard, optional)
- 1. Grate carrots on coarse grater setting (if not using pre-grated)
- 2. In a wide bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk to emulsify. Set aside.
- 3. In a salad bowl, add grated carrots, and half of the dressing with walnuts and raisins. Toss well to coat carrots in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use. Mix in remaining dressing and chopped herbs before serving. Enjoy!