Brioche Dinner Rolls
Festive pull-apart buttery brioche dinner rolls. Perfect for holiday dinner.
Posted By Savita
Brioche Dinner Rolls, my festive take on dinner rolls with buttery petite brioche. I snuggled these gorgeous mini brioche in a pan to serve family-style pull-apart dinner rolls.
Do these look festive or what?
The best part is, these are rich, buttery, soft, and pillow-like dinner rolls which only need 7 pantry ingredients. The toppings of poppy and sesame seeds was my touch but you can top'em with any available options. Pepeita seeds, roasted garlic, or even pecans would be great.
This is my go-to recipe to make brioche bread at home. Idea to make brioche dinner rolls came to me in a bakery where petite brioche rolls were sold by dozen. I loved those cute little miniature brioches and decided to fit these cozy together in one pan for that pull-apart family dinner experience. I must say, I don't regret a thing. Not only these look good but baking tuck together kept rolls more moist.
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast (7 grams, I used Red Star Active Dry Yeast)
- 1 Cup Milk (lukewarm, divided)
- 3 and 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour (more for dusting board)
- 4 Egg(s)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (plus 2 tablespoon, at room temperature )
- 2 tbsp Sugar (granulated white sugar)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (extra for oiling bowl)
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1. To make sponge, well mix sponge ingredients flour, yeast and half cup milk in a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. In bowl of stand mixer or wide mixing bowl, combine sponge with flour, olive oil, sugar, salt, remaining milk, and 3 whole eggs and one yolk. (refrigerate remaining one egg white for egg wash). With spatula or paddle attachment mix everything. On slow speed, add room temperature butter 1/4 cup at a time until incorporated. Shift to hook attachment or transfer dough to flour dusted board. Knead for 6 minutes with dough hook or 10 minutes manually.
- 3. Transfer dough to oiled clean wide bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and dry kitchen towel. Place in a dry dark place until dough doubles in size. At-least 2 hours.
- 4. Punch down the dough and let rest for 5 minutes. In meantime, oil spray a 9" pie dish or sheet pan.
- 5. Divide dough into 15-16 equal portions.
- 6. From each portion, make one 1 inch ball, and one bigger with remaining. Place bigger ball in pie dish. Make a thumb impression in the center and place small ball on top. Repeat this step for all remaining dough until dish is filled with mini brioche dough rolls. Cover with dry kitchen towel and let rise for 1 hour.
When ready to bake, preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently spread egg wash on top and sprinkle seeds.
Bake rolls for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bigger brioche rolls register 190 degrees internal temperature. Let cool for 5 minutes, then immediately scrap the sides with knife and transfer to a wire rack. Cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.
Additional Notes:Brush salted melted butter before serving for more flavor.