Instant Pot Garlic Brown Rice
Garlic lover's dream Garlic Brown Rice loaded with flavor and ready in minutes in Instant Pot.
Posted By Savita
These perfectly cooked Brown Rice are ready in minutes with this Instant Pot Garlic Brown Rice recipe.
Oh, and with flavor of garlic.. These are the garlic-lover's-dream-come-true garlic rice! You will be amazed how a 5 ingredients, or I should say, 5 pantry ingredients make such delicious rice that no one be able to resist. Even not-so-brown-rice-fan person will love it. Also including instructions on how to cook brown rice in pressure cooker, rice cooker, or even plain old heavy-bottom pot. (check notes for additional instructions)
Recipe is gluten free, can be easily vegan. I added a tablespoon butter to enhance the flavor of garlic. You can skip this or add some olive oil while rice are still warm for silky buttery garlic bite. My favorite! Yummmm! :)
Fill in tacos, burritos, or serve onside with Mexican-style dinner at home. I often serve garlic rice on side of Mole Chicken, Chicken Tinga, Chipotle Barbacoa. And Vegan Tofu Sofritas when we are on meatless diet.
Okay, time to dig-in! Let's make some garlic brown rice.
- 1.5 Cup Brown Rice (long grain brown rice, dry)
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic (7-8 cloves, grated)
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup White Onion (medium onion, small diced)
- 1. Set instant pot to saute setting. Add oil. When oil is heated, add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft. Add dry brown rice with butter and continue saute for 5-6 minutes or until rice turn milky white.
Add in minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt (adjust per taste), water or stock (if using). You would need 1.25 cups for every 1 cup of brown rice. I used 1 and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon of water for 1.5 cup of rice. Mix well. Make sure there are no grains hanging on sides of pot outside water.
Additional Notes:Make sure there are no grains hanging on sides of pot outside water.
- 3. Close lid of instant pot cooker. Set it to Pressure Cook on High for 22 minutes. Once 22 minutes are up, quick release pressure and leave lid covered for 5-10 minutes. Or let auto release pressure in 10 minutes. Open and fluff rice with fork. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pressure Cooker: Pressure cooker instructions are same as Instant Pot since I cooked rice at Pressure Cooker setting of Instant pot.
Dutch Oven Or Pot on Stove: Follow steps as-is up-to to step-2 above but use 1.5 cups water for every one cup of brown rice. Bring to boil on high heat, then simmer covered until water has been absorbed. Let cool a little then fluff with fork.