Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Coconut Curry Sauce
Posted By Savita
Roasted Brussel Sprouts is a quintessential holiday, or fall dinner side. My take on this holiday classic is charred oven roasted brussel sprouts slathered in thick and luscious Coconut Curry sauce dressing. Gluten free, and also vegan.
Roasted brussel sprouts, oven or pan roasted, are one of our favorite way to eat brussel sprouts. Whenever I bring brussel sprouts in groceries... Vishal would ask to prepare'em roasted. He exceptionally liked my Raw Brussel Sprouts salad that I shared few weeks ago. .. But most of the times if he eat Brussel Sprouts... he want'em roasted.
Brussel sprouts look like mini cabbages. When roasted these taste like cross between roasted cauliflower and cooked cabbage. Just like these cruciferous vegetables, brussel sprouts are good source of vitamins, are filling, low in carbs. Plus are also green. In my opinion, these are no less in nutrients than zucchini.
- 1 lbs Brussel Sprout
- 3.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 Cup Shallot Onions (thin sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk (low-fat)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- Lime (juice)
- 1-2 tbsp Golden Raisins (or cranberries, or half-half mix of two)
- 1.5 tsp Agave Syrup (or palm sugar, or honey (not vegan), adjust to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1. Preheat oven at 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- 2. Roasted Brussel Sprout: Trim and slice brussel sprout lengthwise. Add to a wide bowl with 3 tablespoons of oil. Toss to coat well. Transfer to sheet pan. Season with generous pinch or 2 of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-22 minutes or until brussel sprouts are tender and slightly charred.
Curry Sauce: In meantime, heat remaining oil in a sauce pan. Add shallot and garlic. Saute until onions are soft. Don't let garlic burn. Add curry powder and paprika. Heat for 20 seconds, then deglaze with 1 tablespoon lime juice. Mix in agave (or honey if using). Add in coconut milk. Boil until coconut milk thickens making a glistening curry sauce that coats spoon well. Stir in golden raisins. Season with generous pinch or two of salt. Taste and adjust sweet and lime juice.
Additional Notes:Don't let curry powder burn. If necessary take off heat to add lime juice.
- 4. To finish, you can either transfer brussel sprouts to serving dish. Drizzle with curry sauce. Or Add roasted brussel sprout in pan with curry sauce. Cook sprouts with sauce until these pick some flavor and are heated through. Serve and enjoy!