Quinoa Power Detox Salad
Quinoa, edamame, arugula, almonds, and blueberry.... a rainbow of fresh ingredients tossed in lite honey-mustard dressing. Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
Posted By Savita
This quinoa detox salad is power house of nutrition and anti-oxidants and is perfect to start any day fit and healthy. Quinoa, edamame, bell peppers, lemon, olive oil, arugula, and almonds... all these ingredients are perfect for natural body detoxification with food and my quinoa power detox salad combines all these in one delicious bowl of salad!
Honestly, a salad as good as this is perfect to start New Year fit and healthy! Isn't it?
Oh, not just a detox salad, the ingredients in this salad, like quinoa also make it perfect for filling and satisfying meal, any time of the day. Last but not least, a big punch of flavor from lite version of honey-mustard dressing makes this vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free salad not just good for you but tasting delicious too.
I love adding quinoa to my salads. If you are new to quinoa, I must tell you that this pseudo-grain is actually a seed and is gluten free. The carbs in quinoa are almost same as oats and it has great chewy texture.
It very important to cook quinoa correctly and not mushy. However, it is not easy to mess it up. I simply boil quinoa as: 1 part qunioa and 2 part water, then cover and let sit until all water has been absorbed. Result is lite and fluffy quinoa grains every-time.
Detox salad are very good for you if you planning to take charge of your diet and want to detoxify your body of harmful stuff and crash-junk diets. Specially after heavy sugar-laden holidays, such fresh meals are very very important.
In my honest opinion, quinoa detox salad is neat and healthy yet filling and delicious way to take care of your body! So let's take charge of your body, one detox salad at-a-time! Are you on-board?
This salad first appeared in my salad cookbook which was published early this year. Initially, I named it a Quinoa Power Salad, but really I combine all these mighty ingredients in same salad for the anti oxidants and detoxification these offer. So I decided to introduce you to the detox power it offers and hence the name!
I almost always have a box of arugula in refrigerator and at-least one kind of berries. Even though blueberries are powerful anti-oxidants, raspberries or blackberries are good too. So, next time you go shopping, bring a pack of arugula or wild green mix. Cook some quinoa, add berries of your choice and please don't forget the dressing!! All in all, just 20 minutes and enjoy a healthy detox any time of the day!
I'm sure once you try this salad, it will sure make a definite place in your Detox Diet Plan!
Oh, all ingredients of this salad minus quinoa and dressing make a great smoothie too. I hope you get chance to try it soon!
Here are few more delicious Quinoa Power salads!
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Quinoa Power Detox Salad
- 4 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp Stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp Honey (use agave to make vegan)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot Onions (small onion, fine diced)
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa (dried, rinsed under running water)
- 1 Cup Edamame (shelled, frozen edamame seed, cooked per package direction)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Bell Pepper (red or yellow bell pepper, small diced)
- 1/2 Cup Celery (3 celery sticks, small diced)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 50 Grams Spring Greens Mix (I used Arugula and Romaine)
Lite Honey-Mustard Dressing
1. To make dressing, in a salad bowl, add honey, mustard, and lemon juice, whisk slowly while adding olive oil to emulsify. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Add shallots and set aside.
2. To cook quinoa, bring 1 cup water to rolling boil, add salt, add rinsed quinoa, then cook for 8-10 minutes or until water has been mostly absorbed. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
3. To assemble salad, toss quinoa, bell pepper, celery, blueberries, edamame in dressing. Arrange green leaves (arugula or greens you using) at the bottom of salad plates, top with dressed veggies, and almonds. Serve.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.
- Mango Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Mediterranean Warm Quinoa Salad with Squash and Cauliflower
- 8 Layers Fried Black Beans and Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad
- Melon, Blueberry and Yogurt Parfait with Hemp Cereal
- Berry Love Smoothie
- Cherry Tomatoes, Artichoke, Edamame Salad with Goat Cheese, Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette