Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
Soy marinated juicy chicken, spicy chili-lime peanut sauce coated crunchy vegetables wrapped in spinach tortillas and sliced in party-style pinwheel bites.
Posted By Savita
Asian Thai Peanut Chicken wraps with spicy chili-lime peanut sauce.. Friends, even saying this make me drool! I love adding peanuts in lot of savory preparations. The sweetness of peanut goes very well with heat of chili and tang of lime.. and I'm kinda addicted to it.
So, today I decided to share with you one of my favorite Asian chicken entrée - Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps, served as appetizer!
A platter of Peanut-y Chicken wraps not just looks delicious, but it disappears super fast from party buffet table! Good things is - these wraps are supper easy to assemble.
Will you believe? Just 20 minutes for this big platter!! Plus 5 minutes of slicing and arranging on platter before party. How cool is that?!
Whenever I'm hosting a party, previous night, I make a big batch of Peanut chicken wraps (not sliced, just wraps). Just before guest start arriving, I cut half of wraps to bite size pinwheels and leave rest half in refrigerator. Once, first half starts circulating... I slice the remaining for re-fill. Often, my friends will happily cut pinwheels while chit-chatting! Now, what else do I need!?! In my books, cooking or eating, food is the best way of entertaining! Isn't it?!
Oh, and if I get lucky, I save (actually hide) 1-2 wraps in fridge, those make excellent Monday lunch for tired couple. :)
I'm sure you thinking, 25 minutes, that's not possible! What if I tell you, I even cook chicken in this time. So, if you use pre-cooked chicken, these wraps even faster to get ready. How do I do it?
Well, I make stove work parallel to my work. While chicken cooks in the pan, I don't stand next to it. Rather, assemble the peanut sauce ingredients.
One more smart way to work less for party is: buy pre-cut veggies. A batch of sliced crunchy veggies such as carrots, red cabbage, celery, broccolini, and handful of sprouts make assembling wrap super quick. Bonus? Veggies keep wraps healthy and crunchy!
Veggie Wraps for Vegetarian Guests: To take care of my health-conscious vegetarian guests... I make a few wraps vegetarian. I take out 1/2 cup of veggie mixture before adding chicken. Later I mix fried tofu in veggies, or just use veggie filling and a different color tortillas. By color coding wraps, it is easier to serve wraps in two platters and tell guests which ones are vegetarian. sounds good! Isn't it?
Now, I'm hungry looking at these pictures and really want to grab snack! You guys enjoy and make some peanut chicken wraps this weekend and wow your friends!
Peanuts make delicious dessert or savoury salads! Try these recipes for a change:
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
- 1/2 lbs Chicken (boneless, breast)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (tamari soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tbsp Lime (juice)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (tamari)
- 1 tsp Sambal Chili Paste (or use chili flakes)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Lime (juice, or use unseasoned rice vinegar)
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 inch Ginger (grated, optional)
- 3 Cup Mix Vegetables (small chopped 2 carrots, 1 bell pepper, 1/2 cup brocollini, 1 seedless cucumber)
- 3 Green Onion (scallions, small chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Basil (thai basil, small chopped)
- 3 tbsp Mint (small chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Peanuts (toasted, crushed)
- 5-6 Tortillas (extra large, spinach or regular wheat tortilla wraps)
Spicy Peanut Dressing
Veggie Filling for Wraps
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. (skip this step if using pre-cooked chicken) In a bowl, add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp lime juice and generous pinch of salt. Add in chicken breast , coat well and set aside for 15-20 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp oil in non-stick or cast iron pan, season chicken with black pepper, add chicken to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until chicken is fully cooked. Once cooked transfer chicken to cutting board. Let is rest while you prep rest of ingredients, then slice into small bite-size pieces.
Additional NotesCooking time varies based on thickness of chicken breast.
2. In meantime, in a wide bowl add Peanut Sauce ingredients. Taste sauce and adjust lime juice if like. Set aside.
Additional NotesMake sure peanut butter is at room temperature before adding or it may not whisk well into the rest of ingredients.
3. Add in chopped carrots, bell pepper, brocollini, basil, mint, scallions, and crushed peanuts (if using).4. Add chopped chicken to bowl with veggies and sauce. Combine with spatula to coat everything in peanut sauce.
5. Warm tortilla wraps in microwave or in skillet until pliable and easy to handle. (20-30 secs). Working one wrap at a time, evenly spread a 1/2 cup of thai peanut chicken filling on 1/3 half of tortilla as shown in picture.6. Folding tightly inward from shorter side, roll the wrap all the way to other end, secure the end with a tooth pick. Set aside. Repeat with remaining 4 wraps. (you might need one wrap more or less depending upon quantity of filling)
7. Refrigerate wraps for 30 minutes to overnight so that peanut sauce set the layers. Just before serving, slice the wraps to 1 inch pin wheels. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.