Posted By Savita
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 1 lbs Lamb (Loin chops)
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Cilantro (Leaves)
- 6 Cardamom (4 green and 2 black)
- 1/4 Cup Mint (Leaves)
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oranges (Zest)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 4 Garlic (Cloves)
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Round Slices)
- 1 Hot Green Pepper (small) (Chopped)
- 1 & 1/4 tbsp Salt
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Mix well yogurt with 2 tbsp of water. Add Saffron, orange zest and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add round sliced yellow onions and stir fry till onion caramelize. Drain on paper towel and set aside.2. Chop tomatoes, green onion, red onion, hot green pepper, garlic, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt and red pepper powder.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add 2 cloves, 2 Cardamon pods green and black. Fry for 1 minute. Add chopped tomato/onion mixture. Fry till oil separates. Approx. 10 minutes. Then add turmeric and red pepper powder and fry for 2 more minutes. Add 1 tbsp salt and mix well.4. Add lamb to the mixture and keep stirring till lamb caramelize from all sides and oil has separated from onion mixture.
5. Add 2 cup water and bring to boil and cook till lamb is tender 20 - 25 minutes. If using pressure cooker, then use 1 cup water and cook in pressure for approx. 10 minutes. In mean time, wash Basmati Rice and par cook in boiling water. Add 1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cardamom pods and 2 Cloves, 1/4 tbsp salt while cooking.
6. In a Dutch Oven, spread some curry from the cooked lamb at the bottom of pan.
7. Add layer of par cooked rice.8. Layer some lamb with curry on top of rice. Top it with 2-3 spoons of saffron flavored yogurt. Few leaves of mint, cilantro and 1 tbsp chopped green onion.
9. Repeat Step 7 and Step 8 two more times.10. Layer such a way that rice layer can be the last layer. Top that layer with leftover yogurt and greens. Top it with caramelized onions.
11. Seal the oven with Aluminium Foil and cover it with Dutch Oven lid. Bake it in pre heated oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.12. Open it just before serving and enjoy this aromatic delicious mouthwatering Lamb Biryani.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.