Homemade Fajita Seasoning
Make vibrant and flavorful chicken fajitas with this easy 5-minute homemade fajita seasoning recipe!
Posted By Savita
Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today, I need your 5 minutes to try this amazing, homemade and easy Fajita Seasoning Recipe!
No lengthy recipe for lazy Sundays! What do say? I say, "yes"!
Only a simple spice-mix which alone can brighten-up any meat you plan to throw on grill today!
So, I thought Homemade Fajita Seasoning will be best for this sunny day! This clean blend of flavorful dry spices can brighten up flavor of fajitas. It is Gluten free, starch free, and above all super delicious!
Honestly, not only for chicken fajitas, I use fajita seasonings so many more ways. Spice-up marinades, add zing in soups or stews. Some lazy weekends, I simply grill/pan sear any meat or even fish with generous coat of fajita seasoning... Then serve it any way I like! Stuff in tacos, top on salads, or add to pasta! I usually mix a 1/3 cup batch and it is gone before I know it.
- 1 tbsp Oregano (dried, prefer Mexican)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder (good quality, 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon, as per heat you prefer, I use 1 tbsp)
- Paprika (medium paprika, 1 teaspoon to 1/2 tablespoon, as per smokey you prefer)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder (or coarse ground flakes)
- 2 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 2 tsp Mustard Powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients in a clean jar (with lid). Cover and shake well. Use as desired. Keep the leftovers in airtight container in a cool dry place. Enjoy!
For whole spice Fajita Seasoning, use 1 ancho chili (remove seeds), 1 tablespoon each of cumin seeds, and mustard seeds, garlic flakes. 2 teaspoon of black peppercorns. Grind these to powder using mortar or spice-grinder. Mix in dried oregano, chili powder, and parsley. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!