Multi Seeds Molasses Wheat Bread with Coconut Oil
Posted By Savita
A soft molasses and wheat bread made with coconut oil, and healthy wholesome seeds like Chia and pumpkin seeds. This delicious and healthy breakfast or even lunch sandwich bread has nutty texture and lite sweet flavor.
... that's not it.. as it also has healthy nutty quinoa seeds!!
Now, somebody ask me, why am I sharing a multi seeds bread when everyone looking to enjoy Valentine's Day with chocolate, chocolate and a lot more chocolate!? Well, I know we all love sweets for Holidays but in my home, a good breakfast is way to save "I love you" everyday! Sure, we enjoy more Valentine's Day goodies and here is link if you like to try some.
Now, back to bread....
... and there is one more reason,
Well, Well, if you are Hunger Games fan and have watched or read first part of movie, you know there is this bread which Pitak tossed to famished Catnis Everdeen!! This is the bread how Catnis remembered Pitak's kindness through-out the movie..... and finally fell in love with him.
How romantic! Isn't it??<...
- 2 tbsp Quinoa (raw, rinsed)
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2.5 Cup All-Purpose Flour (2 & 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Active Dry Yeast (package, 2 & 1/2 teaspoon )
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Water (lukewarm)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (extra for brushing on bread and coating bowl)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
Molasses Wheat Bread
- 1. In wide mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Mix in half the honey. Sprinkle yeast and let it bloom util frothy. (about 10 minutes)
- 2. Add 2 cups of all purpose flour, all of wheat flour, and remaining lukewarm water in bloomed yeast. Now, add all seeds, honey, molasses in mix along with room temperature coconut oil.
- 3. Mix everything with spatula.
- 4. Switch the mixing bowl to dough hook attachment and knead the dough on low while adding 1-2 tablespoons of flour until dough comes together. Then increase speed and knead for 5 more minutes.
- 5. Coat the bowl with drizzle oil. roll the dough in oil, cover with cling wrap.
- 6. ... then with dry towel and leave in a dry warm place to rise until it more than doubles in size. (1 to 2 hrs)
- 7. Punch the dough and take it out on a flour dusted board.
- 8. Divide the dough in two parts and shape into oblong. Place on sheet and place aluminum foil in middle as shown in picture.
- 9. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let bread rise in warm place for 1 hour. After rise, brush the top with coconut oil, then spread some poppy seeds and pumpkin seeds on the top.
- 10. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until bottom of bread sounds hollow.