Mediterranean Chickpea Cucumber Salad with Shallot Dressing
Posted By Savita
Mediterranean flavors inspired warm Chickpea Salad with black olives, feta, a zesty oregano-shallot dressing and all the goodness of spiralized cucumber completing the need of pasta!
Oh, and just 10 minutes from kitchen to lunch or dinner table... Or whenever you want to enjoy some greek-style chickpea goodness!
I must say, I did not plan to end a cold week with a lite salad... But it so happened that until day before yesterday, we had day time high temperature of 90 degrees and all of sudden since yesterday it started raining heavily! Now, where until Wednesday we were planning to switch-on A.C, today we are back with jackets and comforter. God save from this ever changing weather!
Chickpeas are by far the most consumed legume in home. Ranging from chickpea curries to salads, I often serving chickpeas in meal. Actually, whenever I boil chickpeas for making a curry, I always save a cup or two for next day's lunch salad. Now, since I have spirlazier, I'm often finding reasons to add some to everything I cook. So, last weekend as sun was shining li...
- 2 Cup Chickpeas (8 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed)
- 1 Cucumber (spiralized )
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives (pitted, water packed, drained)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (fresh eaves, chopped)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese (small diced, or crumbled)
- 1 Shallot Onions (medium shallot, sliced in thin rings)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (chili flakes, optional)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice, about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in saute pan. Add minced garlic and shallot and saute for 1-2 minutes or until onions are soft but not burnt.
- 2. Add in lemon juice and generous pinch or 2 of salt and black pepper, red chili flakes with chickpea and toss well.
- 3. Transfer chickpeas to a wide salad bowl. Add rest of salad ingredients - feta, tomatoes, spiralized cucumber, and olives. Gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!