V8 Juice Plus - Homemade and Healthy
V8 Juice plus serving of fresh herbs and apple for a healthy start of the day!
Posted By Savita
Homemade V8 Plus Juice, nourishing and healthy serving of your favorite veggies in one delicious glass full! Along with 8 delicious wholesome veggies, this juice has fresh herbs and an apple to make it a V8 Plus juice.
Vegetable juice is probably the best way to have required serving of veggies for whole day, right at the start of day! With homemade version you can control the amount of salt and sugar. I don't add sugar in juices/smoothies. The natural sweetness of apple and tiny bit salt balances the acidity of tomatoes and makes this juice enjoyable for everyone - kids, adults or grands!
A raw diet is beautiful way to replenish your body with antioxidants, vitamins and lots of minerals in it's purest form. If I start sharing with your benefits of eating raw vegetables and fruits.. possibly this post will be longest post I will ever write. But, today, I'm here to share a homemade healthier V8 Juice recipe which is low-sodium, adjustable to your taste, and far more healthier.
- 1 lbs Tomatoes (fresh ripe and sweet tomatoes, I added 7 medium size.)
- 1/2 lbs Carrots (rainbow or orange, 4 medium by count)
- 2 Lime (skin removed or squeezed)
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cup Spinach (or baby kale)
- 1/2 Cup Basil (I used half and half of parsley and basil)
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 inch Ginger
- 2 Celery (stalks)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeds removed)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- Lime (juice, as per taste)
V8 Plus Juice
- 1. Peel the veggies such as carrots, cucumber (if you prefer). Slice all large veggies to pieces that can fit your juicer.
- 2. Add to juicer and juice all veggies and apple. I have also strained the juice through fine mesh to reduce foam/fiber (for better presentation). You can keep it in for more healthy grams of fiber per serving. Add salt. Taste and adjust lime juice and salt.
- 3. Pour in glasses, add some ice and serve. Or refrigerate juice for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!