Ultimate Greek Pasta Salad
Posted By Savita
You guys, this Greek Pasta Salad is flavor bomb! With marinated sweet-sour red onions, crunchy cucumber and creamy feta, it will be your most-favorite pasta salad ever.
Every cook and foodie should have a Greek pasta salad card in their personal recipe repertoire.. Don't you think? If you are looking for your ultimate favorite then I'm giving you that recipe card today!
This pasta salad brings together the epic Greek flavors of crunchy cucumber, red onion, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese with savoury red wine vinaigrette dressing.
I love serving salads whole year long but spring-summer season is my special favorite for crunchy veggie-loaded salads such as this Greek salad. With just 10 minutes prep, this is salad comes together super fast, is best when served chilled, and can be easily prepared up-to two days in advance.
Oh, and what makes it THE ultimate Greek Pasta Salad?! Read on to uncover!
This salad can be served as weeknight meal salad or as a potluck salad.
- 1 lbs Pasta (penne or fussili, or other tubular variety )
- 1/2 Red Onion (thin sliced half moons)
- 3 Cup Tomatoes (1 pint heirloom and 2 roma red, chopped bit size)
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives (or mixed olives, pitted, halved)
- 2 Cucumber (2 perssian or 1 hot house, sliced into half moons)
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 Cup Mint (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (chopped)
- Pepperoncini (optional, for garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic (clove, grated)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (adjust per taste)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (adjust per taste)
- 1. Cook Pasta - Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Make Salad Dressing - To make greek salad dressing, while pasta cooks, in a salad bowl, add all ingredients of dressing but olive oil. Now, whisk the mixture while adding oil at slow stream to emulsify the dressing. Add sliced onion into the dressing, coat well and set aside. Once pasta has cooked, drain, coat in 1-2 tbsp of dressing from dressing bowl and leave aside to cool.
- 3. Assemble - Once pasta is cool to touch, add to salad bowl. Add in remaining salad ingredients - tomatoes, cucumber, olives, chopped fresh herbs. Toss well with dressing sitting at the bottom. Top with crumbled feta cheese and pepperonicini peppers (if using).
- 4. Serve - Chill in refrigerator for couple of hours. Serve and enjoy!