Korean BBQ Lamb Tacos
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you easy and delicious tacos with Korean and Mexican flavors doing magic together. Asian marinade ingredients with brown sugar gives lamb nice caramelized color and sweet umami bite.
A mouth-watering experience for bbq and taco lovers.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time:
Yields: 2 Servings Serves: 2
- 1/2 lbs Lamb (I used Lamb Loin meat, use boneless lamb, cubed to bite size per of your preference.)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce (mixed with 2 tsp water)
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Garlic (garlic cloves)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (fresh 1 inch ginger root )
- 2-3 Green Onion (white and green parts of 2-3 scallions)
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha (1 tbsp for marinade, rest for serving)
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Mango (fresh ripe mango diced)
- 1/4 Red Onion (or shallot small diced)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (rough chopped )
- 1 Cup Lettuce (optional - shredded or fine chopped)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil ( plus more for spraying/brushing on griddle)
- Tortillas (wheat or corn tortillas for serving)
Marinade - Combine Soy, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, canola oil, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp sriracha, scallions (green onion), ginger and garlic. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Additional Notes:If not using blender, use food processor or very fine mince - ginger, garlic and scallions.
Marinate Meat - Cut lamb into cubes, mix in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min to an hour.
Additional Notes:This marinade be great for Chicken too.
- 3. Cook Meat - Heat an iron griddle or outdoor grill with flat Iron Griddle. When griddle is very hot, spray some oil and place marinated lamb cubes, cover with inverted pan or a doom shaped lid and let it cook in steam for 5 minutes. Uncover, flip the lamb and cook other side uncovered until caramelized and done to your liking. about 3-4 minutes if grill is properly hot.
- 4. Assemble - Toast/grill wheat tacos per your liking. top with slices mango, lettuce, onion and lamb. Top with cilantro and some sriracha and serve immediately.