Korean BBQ Lamb Tacos
Sharing with you easy and delicious tacos with Korean and Mexican flavors doing magic together. Asian marinade ingredients with brown sugar gives lamb nice caramelized color and sweet umami bite.
A mouth-watering experience for bbq and taco lovers.
Korean BBQ Lamb Tacos
- 1 lbs Lamb (boneless lamb, cubed to bite size)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce (mixed with 2 tsp water)
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Garlic (garlic cloves)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (fresh 1 inch ginger root )
- 2-3 Green Onion (white and green parts of 2-3 scallions)
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha (1 tbsp for marinade, rest for serving)
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Mango (fresh ripe mango diced)
- 1/4 Red Onion (or shallot small diced)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (rough chopped )
- 1 Cup Lettuce (optional - shredded or fine chopped)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil ( plus more for spraying/brushing on griddle)
- Tortillas (wheat or corn tortillas for serving)
1. Prepare Marinade: Combine soy, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, canola oil, rice vinegar, half sriracha, scallions (green onion), ginger and garlic. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Additional Notes: If not using blender, use food processor or very fine mince - ginger, garlic and scallions.2. Marinate Meat: Cut lamb into cubes, mix in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min to an hour. Additional Notes: This marinade be great for Chicken as well.
3. Cook Lamb: Heat an iron griddle or outdoor grill with flat Iron Griddle. When griddle is very hot, spray some oil and place marinated lamb cubes, cover with inverted pan or a doom shaped lid and let it cook in steam for 5 minutes. Uncover, flip the lamb and cook other side uncovered until caramelized and done to your liking. about 3-4 minutes if grill is properly hot.4. Assemble Tacos and Serve: Toast/grill wheat tacos per your liking. top with slices mango, lettuce, onion and lamb. Top with cilantro and some sriracha and serve immediately.
Savita's Recipe Notes:For some extra flavor & oomph, mix well, 1 tbsp soy sauce with juice of 1 lemon and 1 tsp honey and drizzle over tacos. yumm yumm
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe