Greek Style Chicken Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette
Chicken, Tomato, and Mango Salad with Feta
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you Greek-inspired chicken salad with feta, olives, tomatoes, ripe-sweet mangoes with thyme vinaigrette. Spring-Summer time is salad time in my family. We love eating just salad for lunch. As I always say, if salads are not appealing they quickly disappear from our menu. So, I have to find ways to stay creative with salads to continue with healthy lunches. Take for instance this Greek inspired chicken feta salad. It has lots of fresh elements and very less cheese to call it filling yet healthy summer lunch salad. And good news - you can make this salad ahead of time. Just cook chicken at night; make vinaigrette, chop veggies in the morning and you are good to go. This is also one of my favorite pack-for-lunch salads. If you don’t like the idea of cooking chicken, replace it with fresh tofu or use leftover rotisserie chicken. Even though, start ingredients in this salad are – chicken and olives, I must tell you that mango is worth a mention. Fruit of season, fresh ripe sliced mangoes give this salad much needed sweetness and take this salad to whole new level. Feta and...
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time:
Yields: 2 Serves: 2
Nutrition: 336 calories
- 0.8 lbs Chicken (2 bone-less chicken thighs)
- 1 Cucumber (cut lengthwise into thin ribbons)
- 1/2 Cup Olives (pitted halved and/or sliced)
- 1 Mango (sliced into thin ribbons)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (for cooking chicken)
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil, skin side down for 5 minutes each side, until no longer pink and brown and crispy from both sides. Remove from heat. Set aside to rest.
- 2. For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine all vinaigrette ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cover and shake well to combine
On two dinner-size plates or a large serving plate, arrange sliced chicken, cucumber and mango ribbons, and sliced tomatoes. Top with olives and feta cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and enjoy!!.
Additional Notes:Use a Peeler for making mango and cucumber ribbons