Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Butter Sauce
Posted By Savita
This is one classic recipe from my every-day-recipe file. Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Butter Sauce, one of our favorite way to enjoy salmon for dinner. This salmon is so common in our every-week menu, that it never occurred to me to share this recipe with you before.
Even this picture, Vishal insisted me to take one shot, in evening, very low-light, just before we sat to eat dinner. So, excuse me for low-light picture, but recipe will not fail to amaze you. Grilled salmon with crispy skin slathered in lemony butter sauce. yumm!!! I have so much faith in this salmon with lemony sauce preparation, that if this salmon preparation is wrong, I don't want to be right.
We often eat grilled meat/fish in dinner. I never prefer to pre-cook fish for Vishal. Fish always taste best when prepared fresh, just before serving. Especially GRILLED fish. So, I know, I will not be able to get you more pictures until we make Salmon for lunch or over the weekend someday.
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Lemon (lemon juice)
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (or cilantro fine chopped)
- 2 Garlic (garlic cloves fine chopped)
- 1 lbs Salmon (two fillets of 0.5 lb each)
- 1/2 tbsp Salt and Black Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onion (sliced lengthwise into small ribbons and dipped in cold water)
- 5-6 Carrots (whole carrots or asparagus, peeled and grilled for side)
- 1 Lemon (round slices)
Lemon Butter Sauce
Garnish Or Side (optional)
Pat dry Salmon fillets with paper towel. Drizzle olive oil over fillets and flip to generously coat both sides. Season skin side with salt and black pepper. On preheated grill, grill the salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes. In meantime, season the top side. Then flip with wide spatula and grill additional 3 minutes. Remove grilled salmon on a plate.
Additional Notes:While salmon is grilling, cut a lemon into 4 thick slices, season with salt and black pepper, place on grill to get some char. Cooked lemon has concentrated flavor and it taste grate with grilled fish and veggies. You can also grill carrots if you prefer.
- 2. In a medium sauce pan, heat 1/2 tbsp butter. Add garlic and let it perfume the sauce for 20-35 sec. Don't let garlic burn. Add lemon juice and remaining butter. Let the butter just melt and create a creamy sauce. Switch-off heat, remove from heat and add chopped parsley/cilantro, and season with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Divide salmon among two serving plates. Pour lemon-butter, divide equally. Garnish with scallion ribbons, carrots, and grilled lemon (if using). Sever immediately!