Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Learn to cook delicious Salmon Patties (Cakes) in Air Fryer with just 15 mins of prep and 10 mins cooking time. This recipe yields soft Salmon Patties perfectly seasoned with capers, dill, and garlic.
Make delicious Salmon Patties in Air Fryer in just 25 minutes, start to finish. Seasoned with garlic, dill, capers and scallions, these patties are bursting with flavors. Also sharing a 2-minute recipe for tasty Caper-Dill Sauce to serve with Salmon Patties. You will love the flavors.
This Salmon Patty recipe is perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight fresh Salmon dinner. Dairy Free, Low Carb and Weeknight Dinner Approved. If you love cooking Salmon in Air Fryer, I'm sure you will enjoy my Air Fryer Miso Salmon (with crispy skin) recipe.
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Honestly, I always used to walk away from the thought of making Salmon Cakes (or fish cakes) at home. It felt like too much work.
But once I learned the perfect way to make fish patties, I started cooking Salmon Cakes very often. It is such a healthy and delicious dinner that now I it's often on my dinner table.
For perfectly soft succulent Salmon Cakes, it is important to never overmix the fish cakes/patties ingredients. Also always use breadcrumbs sparingly. Just enough to help bind the cakes together as too much breadcrumbs will make patties dry.
My interest to cook patties at home further improved when I used Air Fryer to make the Salmon Cakes. I love how non-stick air fryer rack works like cooking on a non-stick skillet. I love the fact that I can pause and check on the progress of cooking without thinking twice. This helps me test and perfect recipe timings which is very important in Air Fryer cooking.
For today's recipe, I served Salmon Patties with Air Fried Asparagus and Caper Sauce.
What Do You Need to Make Salmon Patties?
Here is what you need to make Salmon Patties in Air Fryer:
- Skinless Salmon Fillets
- Green Onions
- Dill Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil Spray
I used one pound of skinless fresh salmon fillets to make Salmon Patties. One recipe yields 4 of one inch thick patties, 1/4 pound each. Recipe doubles easily. Double the ingredients and cook in two batches to add more serving.
Sauce for Salmon Patties
The best way to enjoy Salmon Patties is with a dollop of Homemade Tartar Sauce or my 2 minutes Caper-Scallion sauce. (recipe included)
Cooking Salmon Patties in Air Fryer
If you like to cook salmon, this recipe will quickly become your favorite. Cakes comes together in just few simple steps. Cooking patties in the Air Fryer takes total 10 minutes. 3 minutes of pre-heating the air fryer and 7 minutes to cook the salmon patties.
To make the Salmon Patties, pulse salmon in food processor until coarsely chopped. Mix with all seasoning and breadcrumbs. Form 4 patties of one inch thickness each. Cook in Air Fryer until golden. Serve hot.
Tip: For soft Salmon Patties, don't overmix and use breadcrumbs sparingly (i.e. just enough to bind everything together)
For Best Results:
- Preheat Air Fryer to ensures even cooking from the start.
- Brush oil on preheat Air Fryer Rack or spray with lite coat of oil. This ensures salmon patties don't stick and come out clean without breaking.
- Flip Salmon Cakes half-way: I use Ninja Foodi Air Fryer 5.5 quart which can hold 4 Salmon Patties in single layer. I flip salmon patties after first 3 minutes of cooking. This ensures even cooking and perfect browning as if cooked in a skillet.
Time for Cooking Salmon Patties in Air Fryer
I use Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer. It takes 6-7 minutes at Air Fry setting, at 400 degrees Fahrenheit to make perfectly cooked Salmon Cakes.
For best results, keep an eye in last 1 minute. For fully cooked Salmon Patties, an Instant Thermometer should register 375 in the thickest part of Salmon Patty.
This delicious Salmon Patty recipe is perfect for a healthy and quick family dinner. With just 15 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cooking. How amazing does that sound? Low calories and flavorful dinner is pure bonus.
Cooking Salmon Patties in Oven
I use this exact same recipe to make Salmon Patties under regular oven broiler.
For cooking under broiler, place formed salmon patties on a baking sheet (heat broiler proof). Broil 4-5 minutes, take out, flip and continue broiling until tops are golden. Easy! right?
Friends, Air Fryer cooked Salmon Patties are regular in our weeknight dinner. I hope you will like it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Serve on the Side:
Air Fryer Salmon Pattiesreviews) (5
- 1. Caper Sauce: If serving with Caper Sauce, mix all ingredients for Caper Scallion sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 2. Prepare Salmon for Patties: Chop salmon using knife, add to a food processor and chop until coarsely minced (about 4 pulses). Remove in a mixing bowl. Grease a sheet pan or plate and set aside.
- 3. Make Salmon Patties Cakes: Add all remaining ingredients for Salmon Cakes into the bowl with salmon. Using cut and fold strokes, combine all ingredients and panko with the minced salmon. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into an 1 inch thick round cake and place on a greased plate / sheet pan. Repeat for all remaining cakes.
- 4. Preheat Air Fryer: Insert air fryer rack in air fryer. Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit at Air Fry setting for 3 minutes.
- 5. Air Fry Salmon Patties: Once preheated, open fryer and brush/spray with a coat of cooking oil on the fryer rack. Place salmon patties on the fryer rack. Set fryer to air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After 3 minutes, pause fryer and flip the patties and continue cooking for remaining 4 minutes.
- 6. Serve: Serve Salmon Patties with Caper Sauce or Tartar Sauce (recipe in notes). Garnish with more dill leaves before serving.
- Recipe doubles easily: Double the ingredients and cook in two batches to add more serving. Double recipe will yield 8 Salmon Patties.
- Salmon Patties Air Fryer Time: Salmon Patties cook very quickly, in 7 minutes at 400 degrees for perfectly done. For best result keep an eye in last 1-2 minutes. For fully cooked Salmon Patties, an Instant Thermometer should register 375 in the thickest part of Salmon Patty.
- It is important to never overmix fish cakes/patties. Also, always use breadcrumbs sparingly. Just enough to help bind the cakes together. Too much breadcrumbs will make dry patties.
- Try Salmon Patties with Homemade Tartar Sauce. (highly recommended)
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.