Air Fryer Salmon (Miso Glazed)
Cook delicious Miso Salmon in Air Fryer with Crispy Skin in just 15 mins start to finish. This recipe yields restaurant style miso glaze and perfectly flaky cooked salmon. You will love the flavors.
Make delicious Miso Salmon in Air Fryer. Bursting with flavor of miso and maple glaze, cooked perfectly with skin. This recipe is perfect for a quick and delicious Salmon dinner ready in just 15 minutes! Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb and Weeknight Dinner Approved. Also sharing tips to make the best salmon in air fryer with crispy skin and perfectly flaked. You will love how easy it is! (read on to know more)
Air Fryer Salmon
Since I started cooking Salmon in Air Fryer, it has become my favorite way to make salmon for dinner. I love how non-stick air fryer rack, when used correctly, works like cooking on a non-stick skillet. Salmon roasts perfectly flaky. Plus there is no salmon smelling kitchen after dinner. :)
Air fryer delivers!
When cooking Salmon with skin, I preheat air fryer for 4 minutes on higher temperature i.e 390 degrees Fahrenheit. This ensure Salmon skin cooks crispy and not stick or tear.
What Do You Need to Make Miso Salmon in Air Fryer?
Here is what you need to make Miso Salmon:
- Salmon Fillets
- Maple Syrup
- Sesame Oil
- Salt and Lemon Juice
I use 3/4 marinade to marinate salmon and 1/4 to brush on top half way through cooking. This makes salmon extra delicious and bursting with flavor of miso. (highly recommended)
Cooking Salmon in Air Fryer
If you like to cook salmon with skin, follow these notes to make the best crispy salmon with skin in the air fryer. These simple tips will help you make consistent crispy yet flaky salmon fillets every time.
- Preheat Air Fryer to ensures even cooking from the start. For Salmon with skin, I preheat Ninja foodi fryer for 4 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fully Pat Dry Salmon to ensure no liquid is hanging on fish. This way hot air of fryer with roast salmon well and salmon will not steam in it's own liquid. Very important!
- Brush oil on preheat Air Fryer Rack with silicon brush before placing in the Salmon skin side down. This ensures salmon skin start getting crispy right from the start. It also comes out clean without breaking with crispy delicious skin.
- Cook salmon undisturbed in single layer. I use Ninja Foodi Air Fryer 5.5 quart which can hold about 4 fillets in single layer. Don't flip salmon in-between cooking.
I always start with patting dry the salmon until no moisture is visible on skin. Paper towels are great for this job. Next, marinate salmon in miso and maple marinate. Let the air fryer preheat with air rack. This way rack is hot when skin of marinated salmon comes in contact with air fryer. This is what makes skin crispy to perfection. Brush remaining miso glaze on top and sides of salmon once half way through cooking.
That's it! in 7-10 mins, perfectly glazed, crispy skin Miso Salmon is ready. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve!
Time for Cooking Salmon in Air Fryer
I use Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer. It takes 7-10 minutes at Air Fry setting, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit to make crispy skin Salmon which is perfectly flaky. Air fryer takes 7 minutes to cook medium cooked Salmon and 10 minutes for well done.
For best result, start cooking Salmon in Air Fryer with Time of 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. After 5 minutes brush miso glaze and then continue cooking 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye in last 2-3 minutes to achieve doneness as per your preference.
This Miso Salmon recipe is perfect for a healthy and quick family dinner. Ready in just 15 minutes and low in calories, with flavor of salmon just like served in restaurants. I love serving Air Fryer Cooked Salmon for weeknight dinners all year long. I hope you will like it as much as we do.
Air Fryer Salmon with Crispy Skin (Miso Glazed)
Learn how to make Salmon in Air Fryer (with skin) with miso glaze, in just 15 minutes. This Air fryer recipe yields delicious sweet and sour Miso Salmon and skin crisps so well in fryer that it tastes addictive.
Air Fryer Salmon (Miso Glazed)reviews) (6
- 1. Prepare Ingredients : Place salmon fillets in two layers of paper towel and pat dry fully from all sides. Set aside. In a large bowl mix all marinade ingredients. Scoop 1/3 of the marinade into a small bowl and reserve.
- 2. Marinate Salmon : In remaining marinade, add salmon fillets. Coat salmon in marinade and set aside for 20 minutes, up-to an hour.
- 3. Preheat Air Fryer : Insert air fryer rack in air fryer. Preheat air fryer at 390 degrees Fahrenheit at Air Fry setting for 4 minutes.
- 4. Air Fry Salmon : Once preheated, open fryer and brush with a coat of cooking oil on fryer rack. Place salmon skin side down on the fryer rack. Set fryer to air fry for 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. At half time, pause fryer and brush preserved marinade on the top and side of salmon fillets. Continue cooking until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- 5. Serve: Garnish cooled salmon with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve as desired.
- Salmon Air Fryer Time: In preheated Air Fryer, cooked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, Salmon fillets take 7 minutes for medium and 10 minutes for perfectly done yet flaking.
- Recipe doubles easily. For crispy skin salmon, I recommend cooking in batches to avoid overcrowding in the air fryer.
- For best results, before air frying pat dry salmon fully with clean paper towel.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
Cee CeeI made this for my fiancé a few weeks ago & he LOVED it. I make it 1 - 2 times a week now. When he brings home salmon, I know what I’m making for dinner which saves me from trying to figure that out! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, its EXCELLENT!
Cee CeeThis was delicious! I made it on Monday & my fiancé asked me to make it again yesterday. This recipe is definitely going on regular rotation around here. Thank you!
SavitaThanks for letting me know.
KathrynI finally found miso paste and I was so excited to make this! The miso and salmon pair perfectly together and its even more delicious when cooked in the air fryer! Served this with rice and broccoli so it was a perfect meal.
SavitaThanks for letting me know! Miso and Salmon are indeed perfect together!
ToniThis is really perfect for busy nights! My family loved it! A huge hit!
Shadi HasanzadenematiLove all the ingredients, can’t wait to try this! It looks so delicious and easy!
SavitaThanks. I hope you get chance to try it soon! It is a perfect weeknight meal and need just few ingredients.
TAYLER ROSSWe had this salmon for dinner last night and it was a hit with the whole family! I already can't wait to make it again!