Mango On The Rocks Cocktail Ice Pops
Posted By Savita
Mango on the Rocks, a cocktail in Ice Pops with tropical mango, lime and rum. Mango Popsicles are delightful treat for a mango lovers and totally justify their name. These cocktail ice pops are pure mango ice pops with hint of lime and slight nodes of rum.
With Rock 'n' Roll marathon in San Deigo tomorrow. I am celebrating this noble cause with delicious cocktail ice pops at ChefDeHome. Heat is picking up here and I appreciate the effort of all marathon participants to run and contribute for so many needy charities.
For those who don't know about this marathon. The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is the ‘World’s Largest Running Series’ with more than 500,000 people taking part in 26 North American cities each year. This simple idea started in 1998, gained so much success worldwide that Rock 'n' Roll marathon has inspired and lead to more than $235 million dollars raised for participating charities till date. Three cheers for all participants!!
- 3 Cup Mango (mango puree or pulp of 6 ripe mangoes pureed)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Gelatin (unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water)
- 1/4 Cup Gin
- 2 tbsp Cognac
- 5 Lime (zest of 1 lime, juice of 2-3 limes-1/4 cup, rest sliced thin for garnish)
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil. Cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Additional Notes:If using pre-sweetened mango puree, then please do not add syrup and skip this step.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1 tablespoon of water; let stand until softened, 5 minutes. Microwave the mixture at high power for 8 seconds, until the gelatin dissolves. Puree the mangoes using hand blender and add simple syrup or mix pre-sweetened mango puree (if using) with lime zest, juice, cognac, rum and gelatin.
- 3. Tuck slice of one lime in each of 8 - 1/2 cup ice pop molds, then pour in mango cocktail mx. Freeze for 1 hr or until just slightly firm.
- 4. Then insert pop sticks carefully in the center of each ice pop mold. Freeze again until fully frozen.