Mango On The Rocks Cocktail Ice Pops
Posted By Savita
Mango on the Rocks, a cocktail in Ice Pops with tropical mango, lime and rum. Mango Popsicles are delightful treat for a mango lovers and totally justify their name. These cocktail ice pops are pure mango ice pops with hint of lime and slight nodes of rum.
With Rock 'n' Roll marathon in San Deigo tomorrow. I am celebrating this noble cause with delicious cocktail ice pops at ChefDeHome. Heat is picking up here and I appreciate the effort of all marathon participants to run and contribute for so many needy charities.
For those who don't know about this marathon. The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is the ‘World’s Largest Running Series’ with more than 500,000 people taking part in 26 North American cities each year. This simple idea started in 1998, gained so much success worldwide that Rock 'n' Roll marathon has inspired and lead to more than $235 million dollars raised for participating charities till date. Three cheers for all participants!!
We missed to participate this year. Hope to make it on time next year. I am sure my mango on rocks cocktail pops will be great to cheer the winners on finish line!!
Vishal and I love mangoes. We always shop for mangoes during harvest season. Often, I puree mangoes or slice and freeze'em if I get a good deal on bulk purchase. However, most of stores carry frozen slices mangoes and frozen sweetened mango purees too. Frozen is always better then canned as there are less chances of preservatives in frozen versions. Best bet is, freeze your own in air tight bags during peak season and enjoy it in drinks, desserts, cocktails or ice pops for long time.
But we don't have to worry about mango availability right now!! Summers bring juicy mangoes in store all over the country. Lets get straight to our boozy mango cocktail ice pops.
Whenever I make mango cocktail ice pops, I always make alcohol and gelatin free version for kids too. Kids love mangoes and for successful family gathering its important that we take care of our little guests. Don't you think?
So let's beat the heat. If you participating in marathon tomorrow or cheering up crowed or hoping to see your loved one finish first in the run. Either ways, make some easy mango on rocks ice pops tomorrow and enjoy the day. Or just make the cocktail and enjoy on the rocks. Like we do with any leftover mango puree after making ice pops.
I wish to participate in rock 'n' roll marathon next year. Do you know registration for this run starts way in advance? Like for next year run, registration will open soon this year. I did not know about it. This year, I will make sure to register on time to extend my contribution.
If you are participating in rock 'n' roll marathon tomorrow, have fun and don't forget to rock 'n' roll!!
Mango On The Rocks Cocktail Ice Pops
- 3 Cup Mango (mango puree or pulp of 6 ripe mangoes pureed)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Gelatin (unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water)
- 1/4 Cup Gin
- 2 tbsp Cognac
- 5 Lime (zest of 1 lime, juice of 2-3 limes-1/4 cup, rest sliced thin for garnish)
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil. Cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Additional NotesIf using pre-sweetened mango puree, then please do not add syrup and skip this step.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1 tablespoon of water; let stand until softened, 5 minutes. Microwave the mixture at high power for 8 seconds, until the gelatin dissolves. Puree the mangoes using hand blender and add simple syrup or mix pre-sweetened mango puree (if using) with lime zest, juice, cognac, rum and gelatin.
3. Tuck slice of one lime in each of 8 - 1/2 cup ice pop molds, then pour in mango cocktail mx. Freeze for 1 hr or until just slightly firm.
4. Then insert pop sticks carefully in the center of each ice pop mold. Freeze again until fully frozen.