Miso Ginger Salmon with Kale and Quinoa
Posted By Savita
A healthy gut-friendly miso-ginger marinated Salmon served with side of lemony Sesame Kale salad and quinoa.
Dust-off the grill or switch-on broiler for few minutes..... and let's welcome spring with a lite, low-calorie Salmon Dinner. Sounds good? Isn't it?
Friends, this salmon dinner comes with promise of a comforting and easy weekday meal! Really, it can't get easier than this! With just 5 minutes cooking time, Miso Salmon fly from kitchen to dinner table! I would say, it is faster than waiting for Order in Asian dinner...... and much budget friendly too.
Today, I served Miso Ginger Salmon for dinner with lite kale salad and quinoa.
I went lite with today's Kale salad with just a touch of sesame oil and lemon drizzle. It really brings out the flavor of fresh raw kale and compliments the miso salmon. However, instead of Kale Salad and Quinoa, you can also serve Miso-Ginger Salmon with side of rice or a hearty pasta salad to make serving more substantial and more filling.
- 1 tbsp Ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 lbs Salmon (about 3 fillets, skin removed, sliced in half)
- 3 tbsp Miso Paste (white miso paste)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (or use white pepper)
- Oil Spray
- 1/2 lbs Kale (purple or green leaves)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Quinoa (cooked, for serving)
Miso Ginger Salmon
Lemon-Seasme Kale Salad
- 1. Kale Salad: Tear kale into small pieces, remove ribs and add to a salad bowl. Dress with lemon juice, sesame oil, salt and black pepper. Toss well and set aside.
Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In medium bowl, add all Miso Ginger Glaze ingredients. Mix with a spoon to make paste and set aside.
Additional Notes:If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10-15 minutes to avoid burning under broiler.
- 3. Slice salmon into 1/2-1 inch thick slices (I have sliced each fillet in half, length-wise). Add to bowl with miso paste coat well. Set aside to marinate, for 5-20 minutes
- 4. Thread each piece into wooden (or metal) skewers, place on greased sheet. I like to place a wire rack on sheet for more even heat distribution.
- 5. Turn on broiler, broil salmon under broiler for 4-5 minutes or max 6 minutes or until edges are start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for few minutes.
- 6. Serve family-style with salmon skewers, kale salad and quinoa on the side. Enjoy!