Cauliflower and Broccoli Detox Salad
Posted By Savita
Paleo carb-free broccoli detox salad loaded with crunchy broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and carrots, coated in a lemony ginger-oregano dressing.
Every ingredient in this salad is so refreshing, crunchy and delicious that you won't believe your are on a salad detox diet!
Starting Monday with this healthy salad making me very happy. I love when I can bring something veggie-packed to share with you guys. I have been eating this Broccoli Detox salad as part of a low-carb detox diet regime lately. So, I thought why not share this recipe with you too?!
The best part of this salad? You can make it once and eat for 2-3 days without any of the veggie getting boring, wilted or soggy! Now, that's an awesome benefit of eating robust veggies raw - broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and even kale stand well to the dressings or marination. Actually, even taste better the next day.
A "summer detox" without hassle of standing in kitchen or chopping veggies! Tell me about it!! :-)
- 1/2 Cauliflower (shredded, or small chopped)
- 3-4 Kale (leaves, thin chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Parsley (fresh leaves, small chopped)
- 2-3 Carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (raw, blanched, and peeled)
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 3-4 tbsp Cranberries (naturally dried, unsweetened, or use fresh pomegranate seeds)
- 1 Broccoli (head, shredded or small chopped )
- 1 inch Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried, or 1 tbsp fresh leaves)
- 1-2 Lemon (or lime, about 3 tbsp juice and 1/2 tsp zest)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Honey (only use raw natural honey)
Broccoli Cauliflower Detox Salad
Detox Salad Dressing
- 1. Detox Salad Dressing - In a bowl, whisk and emulsify olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, honey, oregano, ginger (if using) and black pepper. Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.
- 2. Blanch Almonds - Bring 2 cups of water to rolling boil. Add raw almonds and boil for 1 minute. In meantime, in a bowl, add ice and water. Remove boiled almonds from water and add to ice cold water to stop cooking. Peel off skin and set aside.
- 3. Chop all the veggies very small and add to a big bowl.Top with blanched almonds, poppy seeds and all of the dressing.
- 4. Toss well until everything is coated in dressing (it will be very lite coating). Transfer to plates and serve.
Is Salad Vegan? It can be vegan. Just replace honey with maple syrup.
Paleo Diet: sweetened dried cranberries are not paleo. I have used unsweetened natural dried cranberries for this salad. If you can't find same, use fresh pomegranate seeds.
For better flavor: Allow to refrigerate for 1-2 hours so that dressing blends in and enhance the flavor of salad.
PS: If not using blanched almonds, use pumpkin seeds or raw walnuts.
Add a tablespoon of fresh root turmeric for additional detox and purification benefits.