Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice made with stir-fried low-carb Cauliflower Rice, and spicy Cabbage Kimchi and seasonings.
Kimchi Fried Rice, quintessential Korean fried rice recipe, where rice (low carb cauliflower rice) are pan fried with Korean Kimchi, seasoning and veggies. This recipe is not traditional Fried Rice but a low carb version of the Korean favorite. After Thanksgiving festivities, these make perfect lite dinner.
You can go more creative, add in leftover roasted turkey for Turkey Fried Rice, add eggs or even saute a serving of shrimp to make it a complete meal. Perfect contender for my South Beach Diet recipes.
Oh, you know the best part? It needs under 20 minutes to make this one-pan dinner... (with shrimp, egg or diced chicken). Far less time than ordering a takeout and waiting for delivery.
So, let's dig in!
I'm a big fan of Kimchi. So, a jar of Kimchi is always in my refrigerator. This is what inspired me to make these Kimchi Fried Rice. I already have Kimchi Fried Rice recipe on blog regular white rice fried with spicy kimchi, eggs, broccoli, and mushroom.
With this version recipe, I wanted to give you a lite Modern interpretation of Kimchi Fried Rice. Low in carbohydrates, ready quickly, taste just like regular fried rice.
Honestly, I would trade my fried rice bowl for these kimchi-inspired Cauliflower Fried Rice any day. The taste delicious and are much cleaner option. Specially when I'm controlling diet after few days of holiday food. (hint hint)
Look at the bowl of fried rice in picture above. Does these look any less delicious than regular fried rice.
Like I mentioned, as delicious as it looks, Kimchi (Cauliflower) Fried Rice are very easy to prepare! If you have a cauliflower head and kimchi in-hand, consider dinner ready in 20 minutes! Seriously, yes! 20 minutes. This recipe is meatless. You are welcome to add a serving of quick cooking protein to make this a complete meal. Such as shrimp, white meat chicken, or eggs.
Note: I used medium spicy Kimchi for this recipe. To enhance the flavor of kimchi, I also added some sriracha chili sauce, and garlic.
To make fried rice, I start by ricing the cauliflower.
To make cauliflower rice, I give rough chop to a cauliflower head. Add to food processor in few batches and pulse until cauliflower resembles size of pearl couscous. It is that easy.
Oh, if you are time pressed. Cauliflower Rice are also available available pre-packaged in most US grocery stores. Whole Foods, Walmart, Target, Vons. All stores keep cauli-rice in freezer section.
Once rice are ready... I saute some onion with garlic until onions are just soft. Then add cauliflower rice. And cook stirring often until rice are slightly brown.
Next, goes in Asian seasonings and kimchi. Asian seasoning such soy sauce give Cauliflower Fried Rice the signature fried rice color, kimchi, hot sauce adds tang and some heat.
That's it! Splash of lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro. Kimchi "Cauliflower" Fried Rice are ready to enjoy.
Friends, Kimchi Fried Rice are great base to lead in any direction. I went meatless with bell pepper, green onion. You can add chicken to make spicy chicken kimchi fried rice, or even shrimp for shrimp fried rice.
Love to hear your favorite Fried Recipe Recipe. Leave a comment below and share with me.
Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Ricereview) (1
- 1. For Cauliflower Rice, rough chop cauliflower, add to food processor. Pulse until it resembles large pearl couscous. For best result, don't stuff processor, work in batches. This will yield even cauliflower rice grains. Additional Notes: Skip this step if using *pre-prepared cauliflower rice.
- 2. Heat cooking oil and sesame oil in a heavy bottom saute pan or wok. Add minced garlic, white part of diced green onion and chili paste. Saute until onions are soft. (1 minute) Don't let garlic burn.
- 3. Add bell pepper, cauliflower rice. cook stirring often until rice are slightly brown. (3-4 minutes on medium high heat)
- 4. Now add tamari soy sauce, diced kimchi with half of diced green part of green onion. Stir fry with rice for 2 minutes or until cauliflower rice pick up color of kimchi and soy sauce.
- 5. Mix in half cilantro, lime juice. Taste and adjust salt. Garnish with remaining green onion, cilantro. Serve with side of lime wedges for extra splash. Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.