Roasted Cauliflower Chipotle Tofu Veggie Bowl
Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower, Tofu and Cilantro-Lime Quinoa - all in one make-your-own loaded Mexican Veggie Bowl.
Let's make Taco Tuesday deliciously healthy with this bright, lite and spicy Veggie Bowl. This spicy Chipotle Veggie Bowl is my healthy re-take on Chipotle Sofritas recipe with chipotle sauce roasted cauliflower, tofu and cilantro-lime quinoa.
Since I stared making Chipotle Sofritas at home, I add this spicy tofu to lot of things. In-fact I shared few of my favorites with you. Sofritas Taquitos, Sofritas Casserole, Sofritas Enchilada. Today's recipe is my low-oil and sweet-spicy take on Sofritas with baked tofu, roasted cauliflower, and wholesome cilantro-lime quinoa.
Honestly, not just Tuesday... I would love this healthy bowl any day of the week.
Tell me who says "no" to a veggie bowl loaded with veggie protein from tofu, cauliflower, beans, salsa, avocado, and quinoa. Topped with hint of seasoned sour cream. Even meatless Monday will be perfect for this meal. Only 10 minutes prep. Plus a lot can be made ahead (more on this ahead)
These three things make this recipe extra special:
1) Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Roasted Tofu and Cauliflower
2) all-you-can-add veggie burrito bowl with salsa and avocado.
3) Gluten free with wholesome quinoa, low-oil, and can be vegan when not using sour cream.
Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Roasted Tofu and Cauliflower:
Cauliflower and tofu were such a happy marriage for this recipe. I had this idea cooking since long. Thing is, nothing beats the taste of roasted cauliflower. It is healthy, delicious, low-carb and filling. Tofu also bakes well. Also baking is perfect low-oil alternative to cooking tofu in pan.
For this recipe, I drain tofu until most of water is out. (say 10 minutes with paper towel under weight) I chop cauliflower almost same size as tofu. This ensures both bake together, for same time, and perfectly.
During the tofu drains I prepare the yummy chipotle sauce. The chipotle sauce is combination of easy-to-find ingredients: chipotle adobo (recipe coming soon), cumin, oregano, garlic, and lime. I use agave or honey to balance the spicy flavors.
I'm certain you are not new to my love of Chipotle Sauce. Not just Chipotle Sofritas series, I have many other recipes highlting this oawsome chile from Mexico. If you love chipotle like I do. Be my guest. I have ton of recipes to make a new meal with chipotle every day. From Chipotle Sofritas to Chipotle Barbacoa... You will even find a Chipotle Chocolate Pudding Cake on blog. Not crazy, but really smokey chipotle chilies pair so well with chocolate. It is a must try recipe.
All-you-want Healthy Burrito Bowl:
Without doubt these veggie bowls are perfect to load-up with anything you want in a healthy burrito bowl. Just like Chipotle Mexican Grill. Start with cilantro-lime quinoa (recipe in directions), top with delicious chipotle roasted cauliflower and tofu. Next, add everything you want to make it your own and healthier. My favorite are:
2. Black Beans
3. Medium Salsa
4. Red Onion
5. Splash of lime
6. Seasonal tomatoes such as cherry tomatoes
7. And drizzle of spicy sour cream (recipe in directions) Or vegan yogurt.
Sweet with agave, spicy with chipotle, creamy with sour cream and avocado. This veggie bowl makes me happy girl any day of the week.
...that much and only time you need is to cook quinoa (I have some in my refigrator all the time) and roast veggies.
I LOVE when food is clean and can be made ahead. This is one such meal-prep style recipe. You can make ahead:
1) Make Ahead Whole Veggie Bowl - prepare all ingredients. Layer in container. I recommend to add salsa, avocado, onion, heavy cream after re-heating.
Make ahead and store:
1) Chipotle Sauce
2) Roast Veggies
Just assemble when ready to serve.
This recipe is part of South Beach Diet series. I recommend replacing quiona with broccoli rice or extra scoop of tofu-cauliflower. If you trying to loose wait or following lite-food regime. I highly recommend exploring South Beach Diet collection.
I hope you get chance to try this delicious veggie bowl tonight! :) Wither way, make sure to pin it for later.
Roasted Cauliflower Chipotle Tofu Veggie Bowl
- Spicy Chipotle Tofu Cauliflower
- 1/2 head Cauliflower (broken into small florets or chopped)
- 250 Grams Tofu (firm or extra firm)
- 3 tbsp Chipotle in Adobo (2 chilies plus a tablespoon sauce)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 3 tbsp Lime (juice, divided. More wedges for serving.)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Garlic (large clove)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Veggie Bowl
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3-4 tbsp Cilantro (leaves, chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced, for serving (optional))
- 1 Cup Salsa (medium )
- Avocado (optional)
- Red Onion (small diced, optional)
- 8 Oz Black Beans (drained)
- 2 Cup Quinoa (cooked)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover tofu in 2-3 paper towel and press under weight to drain max water. (leave aside for 10 minutes). In food processor, combine all ingredients for Chipotle sauce - all chipotle en adobo, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp agave syrup, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, and 1 tsp oregano. Pulse until pureed.
- 2. Remove sauce in a bowl, use all but a tbsp sauce (leave a tbsp for spicy sour cream). Add diced tofu (drained), chopped cauliflower and coat well. Spread on a sheet, sprinkle with pinch of salt and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender to your liking and tofu is firm to touch.
- 3. For spicy sour cream, mix remaining tbsp sauce from step 2 with sour cream. Set aside. Mix cooked quinoa with remaining lime juice and 2 tbsp cilantro with generous pinch of salt.
- 4. To assemble veggie bowl, drizzle baked tofu and cauli with tsp of lime juice. Mix well. Start with cilantro-lime quinoa at bottom, top with chipotle roasted cauliflower and tofu, beans, salsa, red onion, avocado. Drizzle sour cream on top. Sprinkle some black pepper before serving. Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.