Cedar Plank Grilled Chipotle Maple Glazed Salmon
Posted By Savita
Smokey spicy chipotle and sweet maple syrup glazed salmon, grilled on cedar plank and served with a lite and healthy green kale and grape salad.
Sweet, smokey, spicy - gang of three make a dream-come-true kinda summer flavors and green kale salad top the charts to make it healthier! But this meal don't need wait for a weekend BBQ... rather, with just 15 minutes of prep, you can easily serve this salmon dinner for weeknights too!
This is a kind of meal which we love to enjoy for a summer weeknight meal.
Even though this "Salmon with Salad" meal is very lite and has no carbs.... Good serving of Kale Salad and two fillets of salmon make a substantial dinner. If not in mood to skip carbs, I often serve whole-wheat bread on the side.
Thing is, in my home, no one will say "no" to such lite dinner if it tastes good and last long to not result in midnight cravings. We are not those picture-perfect early-to-bed and early-to-rise kinda couple.. but rather we remember most of our office schedules at night. :) Hence a good filling dinner is essen...
- 1.5 lbs Salmon (fillets, skinless)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Chipotle in Adobo (whole chili minced plus 1 tbsp of adobo sauce)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Lemon (juice of half, and half thin sliced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 2 Cup Green Grapes (halved)
- 6-8 Kale (curly kale, leaves chopped and ribs discarded)
- 2 tbsp Cranberries (dried)
- Mint (handful, fresh leaves)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Macadamia (nuts, toasted)
Salmon with Maple Chipotle Marinade
Kale and Grape Salad with Macadamia Nuts
Mix Maple Chipotle Sauce ingredients in a bowl. Add salmon fillets, coat in marinade and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Additional Notes:If grilling on cedar plank, soak it in water for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, if serving salad, in a bowl add 1 tbsp Maple Syrup, 1 tbsp Lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil with generous pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify the vinaigrette. Add chopped kale, grapes, cranberries, and fresh torn mint. Toss to combine and refrigerate until ready to use. (Add macadamia nuts just before serving.)
- 3. Preheat gas grill. Remove cedar plank from water and pat dry top with paper towel.. Place marnated maple-chipotle salmon fillets on the plank, placed 2-3 inch apart. Place few lemon slices on top. Place planks on to grill (medium-low heat). Cover and smoke for 20 minutes or until salmon is firm to touch and passes flake test. (flakes when lifted with a knife).
- 4. Serve salmon on the plank or remove over bowl of salad. Garnish with lemon slices, fresh mint and enjoy!