Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs is my take on southern spicy delived eggs with kick of roasted jalapenos, creamy cheese and crunchy breadcrumbs
Posted By Savita
Quick and Easy Jalapeno Poppers Deviled Eggs with all-you-want-in-jalapeno-poppers topped on doubled eggs.. even crunchy breading!
These spicy deviled eggs are bursting with flavor and heat of two kind of jalapenos, pickled and roasted, and have filling of cream cheese and feta to balance the heat! These look scrumptious and taste amazing, both at once!
If you like to explore deviled eggs territory, flavor of these will surprise you! These deviled eggs are an experience of it's kind and will be favorite of any Jalapeno Popper Lover! These are not your traditional deviled eggs because there is no mustard or dill pickle in this recipe.
Honestly, deviled eggs, or I should say, boiled eggs are blank canvas, we can paint it many ways! Like add some healthy green color as in these Avocado Deviled Eggs or add some hot tangy flavor as in these Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs!
So, stay with me, let's step-out of traditional-mayo-mustard-deviled-eggs.. and let's serve something different for Easter Brunch! Little spicy, crunchy, and more flavorful!<...
- 2 Jalapeno (thin sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese (at room temprature)
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Parsley (or chives, for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno (pickle, minced)
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs (panko or italian)
- 1-2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 12 Egg(s)
- 1. Pre heat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil eggs with room temperature water until start boiling. Once started boiling, remove from heat and set aside in hot water for 12 minutes.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice 2 jalapeno into thin rounds. Spray oil, and sprinkle salt. Roast for 10 minutes.
Additional Notes:If don't want to roast, you can also use pickled jalapenos.
- 3. Remove jalapeno from oven, lower the heat to 350 degrees. Mix breadcrumbs with a teaspoon of oil, and generous pinch of salt. Spread on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- 4. Once eggs have cooled. Wipe these dry. Peel the eggs and slice in half. Remove egg yolks in a bowl, carefully set aside egg halves.
- 5. In food processor, combine eggs yolks with rest of the ingredients and process to make smooth filling. Taste and adjust salt. Spoon or pipe over egg halves, Place filled eggs on deviled egg platter.
- 6. Top each with slice of roasted jalapeno, and sprinkle of toasted bread crumbs. Garnish with herb of your choice. Serve and enjoy!