Sunny Side up Egg-Heart Toasts For Valentine's Day Breakfast
Easy Breakfast for Valentine's Day!
Sometimes, certain simple easy ideas can make someone's day very special! That's what these heart-shaped sunny side up eggs and toast doing here! Making 14 Feb, Valentine's Day breakfast, special and heart-warming!
A perfect idea for breakfast-in-bed, this simple yet very fun-filled recipe is easiest way on earth to say 'you are my Valentine!'
I have given savory touch to this egg and toast breakfast of all times.... with strawberry jam and Hershey's chocolate kisses on the side.
All-in-all, this is can be a fun breakfast or brunch, on any given day! If you have never tried these egg and toast, two-in-one combo before, I strongly recommend it!
It is important to toast bread, on low-heat when eggs have been cooking into the hollow hearts. Slow heat will set egg white and won't burn bread bottom. For similar reason, I also use a thick-cut bread slice instead of thin slice. Finishing the toasts in oven make sure that egg-whites are fully cooked. Just keep an eye to avoid cooking the egg yolks.
Since warm bread is surrounding egg, egg will keep cooking after you finish cooking. So, best idea is to serve this toast immediately!! You can notice few wrinkles in some of my pictures since It took me time to take pictures and egg kept setting further and further.... However, it wasn't so when I took it out of the oven. Check step pictures to know more!
By the way, what are the plans for Valentine's Day this year???
Vishal and I, are going to sit at home, and eat good breakfast.... :) may be....we will go for groceries.... it's our grocery-due-week ;)
How about you??
Keeping today's post simple and precious! I hope you all like it!
Wishing you all a great week ahead!
Sunny Side up Egg-Heart Toasts For Valentine's Day Breakfastreviews) (2
- 2 Egg(s)
- 2 White Bread (prefer thick cut slices)
- 1-2 tbsp Strawberries Jam
- 2 tsp Butter - Salted (1 teaspoon, per toast, or use oil spray)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1/2 tbsp Parsley (for garnish)
- Black Tea (or Coffee, for serving)
- 1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Heat an oven-safe iron skillet on medium stove heat. Using cookie cutter, cut out heart-shaped center from bread slices.
3. Spray oil or brush 1/2 tbsp butter on skillet. Put bread slices and hear cut-outs and let'em toast on medium heat until nice and brown (3-4 minutes).4. Turn the oven heat to low, flip toast and hearts and add other 1/2 teaspoon butter on side or each toast. Break one egg at-a-time in a small bowl and transfer carefully to hollow heart-shaped center of bread. Repeats for 2nd egg. Cook on low for 5 minutes or until white has just set.
- 5. Transfer the skillet to pre-heat oven and cook for 5 minutes, or until egg whites are set but yolks are still yellow. (Keep an eye, it only needs 4-5 minutes) Remove from oven. Use a wide spatula to transfer to a serving plate.
- 6. Season with salt and black pepper, and chopped parsley. Spread strawberry or raspberry jam on heart-cutouts, if you prefer. Serve hot coffee/tea or orange juice on the side. Enjoy!
Recipe doubles easily. Make 4 or Eight toast, or use any-shaped cutter as per availability and preference. If making for kids, I love making multiple shapes like hearts, stars, or animal shapes!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.