Tuscan White Bean Salad with Arugula
Posted By Savita
Tuscan White Bean Salad - A meaty meatless white beans, peppery arugula, flat zucchini noodles, and radicchio salad with a zesty sun-dried tomato dressing. I call this a salad but actually it is a complete low-carb and filling meal which is also very versatile. You can pack it for a healthy lunch, serve as-is for dinner, or serve on side of grilled/roasted main course. Gluten free, vegan, and loaded with fresh crunchy vegetables.
This summer Tuscan Bean Salad is my favorite for lunch or dinner when I want break from complex carbs and still want to eat filling. Creamy meaty white beans with scallions and flat zucchini noodles coated in flavorful tomato dressing does not let me feel for a second that I'm eating healthy, and meatless.
So, let's make White Bean Salad today!
Classic Tuscan bean salad does not have radicchio or zucchini.. This is my take on this classic white bean salad. It brings in more crunch of veggies to the table and is healthier and loaded with summer colors. I had hard time naming this recipe because you can even call it...
- 4 Cup Cannellini Beans (2 of 15 ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 3-4 Green Onion (scallions, thin sliced)
- Bunch Arugula
- 1-2 Zucchini (thin sliced or spiralized)
- 1 Radicchio (small chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (packed in oil, about 8-10 pieces, rough chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (plus 1 tsp sun-dried tomato oil for flavor)
- 2-3 tsp Agave Syrup (adjust per taste)
- 1 tsp Capers (rough chopped)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
White Bean Salad
Sun-dried Tomato Caper Dressing
- 1. To make dressing, mix all ingredients except tomatoes in a small bowl. Whisk to emulsify oil, and vinegar. Add small chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Mix in generous pinch or two of salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust.
- 2. Slice or spiralize zucchini. Add to a bowl with a tablespoon sun-dried tomato dressing. Toss well. Set aside.
- 3. In remaining dressing, add white beans (drained and rinsed). Toss well and set aside.
To serve, toss in arugula, and chopped radicchio. Garnish with more scallions and serve.
Additional Notes:Optional, add some feta or goat cheese. (not vegan)