No Bake Cream Cheese Pie
Rich and Creamy Egg-less No-Bake Cream Cheese Pie with gluten free pie crust.
Posted By Savita
You guys! This pie!! It is a summer sensation! Citrus-y, creamy chilled no-bake Cream Cheese pie with easy homemade pie crust! Eggs free, gluten free, and super quick to put together!
There are two important components to make delicious fruit pie for dessert - perfect filling and perfect crust. If you got these two right, fruit topping can be any. Kiwi, oranges, cherries or even the classic combination of tri-color berries look cool on top.
Today, I'm unfolding how to make the best ever Pie Crust and most creamy and rich cream cheese pie filling.
Let's get started!
Every trip to grocery store, we bring some kiwi and oranges home. These two are like pet fruits of this season. Towards end of the week, when I had enough of these, I often make Citrus Kiwi Fruit Salad, or Kiwi Chutney, or if feeling very enthusiastic then I bake an orange cake such as my Clementine Cake!
In this pie recipe, I combined my Citrus Fruit Salad on top of an easy egg-less pie filling to make summer Citrus Fruit Salad Cream Cheese Pie. Sound refreshing! Isn't it?
You won't believe a homemade pie crust is ready in just 15 minutes. I found gluten free graham crackers in local grocery store. Honestly, I wasn't looking for gluten free crackers but these were the only crackers my store had. Feel free to use crackers per your preference and availability.
To make pie crust, I combine the crackers with melted butter and little sugar and pulse in food processor until mixture resembles moist crumbs. I then press these crumbs into pie pan and bake for 7-10 minutes until crust is set and crispy.
You can make pie-crust up-to a week in advance and refrigerate until ready to use. After all it is just crackers, butter and sugar. It is even good to freeze up-to 6 months.
Cream Cheese Pie Filling:
I can already tell you that this pie filling recipe will become your all-time favorite no-bake pie filling recipe ever! This is the best and easiest combination of rich, creamy, and citrus-y I have ever had. So easy that you just mix, fold and done. Plus it needs only 4 ingredients! Yes! Only four ingredients! Drum-rolls!! These ingredients are - cream cheese (at room temperature), sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and citrus. Simple and Easy! Right?
To make cream cheese pie filling, I whip the room temperature cream cheese with condensed milk until it is soft and lumps free. Then, I fold in vanilla and citrus for that summer cirtus-y Lime-Lemon Pie kind of flavors.
Once pie filling is ready, I pour it into cooled pie crust and let it set in refrigerator.
That's it! Cream Cheese Pie is ready! You can top it with fruit of your choice. I decided to go for mixed-oranges, and kiwi (the most available fruit in my refrigerator).
This Cream Cheese Pie recipe works at many levels. Let me sum up these for you! :
1) A refreshing chilled Summer Dessert.
2) An effortless no-bake Cream Cheese Pie.
3) An egg-less pie, completely vegetarian.
4) Gluten free (if using gluten free Graham Crackers)
5) Last but no way least, a summer dessert which everyone will enjoy - kids, grown-ups.
I'm glad to bring a sweet finish to July week which also happens to be my birthday month. :) No, I did not make this pie for my birthday. However, I have full plans to make this for Vishal's birthday. (don't let it out, it is our secret). Honestly, that time of year is our meat-egg-free month and an egg-less No-Bake Cream Cheese Pie will be perfect for the occasion. What do you say?
If you looking for more options for Cream Cheese Desserts, I have few more on blog:
Have a wonderful day!
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
No Bake Cream Cheese Pie
- 500 Grams Cream Cheese (softened at room temperature, 2 blocks of 8 ounce each)
- 1.5 Cup Sweet Condensed Milk (14 ounce can)
- 2 Oranges (I used one blood orange and 1 regular, reserve zest for filling)
- 3 Lime (to get 1 tsp zest and 3 tbsp juice)
- 4-5 Kiwi (peeled, sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Orange Extract (or vanilla)
- 1.5 Cup Crackers (I used gluten free Graham Crackers, 15-18 rectangular crackers)
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
Cream Cheese Pie Filling
Graham Cracker Crust (or use store bought)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. For Pie Crust, preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pulse together graham crackers wit melted butter and sugar until mixture resemble crumbs.
Additional NotesI keep crust little thicker for this recipe, you can always make thin crust or use bigger pie dish.2. Spray 9" pie pan with cooking oil. Spread mixture evenly and level with back of flat glass. Bake pie for 8-10 minutes or until crust is set and lite brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
Additional NotesWatch closely in last 3 minutes, don't let crust burn.
3. For filling, in mixer with whisk attachment, add softened cream cheese. Whip until soft and fluffy.4. Whip in condensed milk, orange extract (or vanilla if using) with lime zest, and juice, and orange zest.
5. Pour into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours to up-to overnight until cheese layer is set.6. Top with sliced fruit. Serve and enjoy!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.