Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Swirl
Sharing today, a gorgeous Pumpkin Bundt Cake which holds a delicious surprise in middle - a layer of decadent citrus cheesecake. If you love moist pumpkin cakes with cream cheese frosting or fan of pumpkin cheesecake..? then this cake brings to you best of both!
Friends, it has pumpkin, it has citrus, it has cheesecake and still it is baked in one bundt pan. I mean, all layers bake together to make a masterpiece and rich cake!
Isn't it exciting?! Officially, the season of spices, baking, roasting, warm lattes, pumpkin cake baking, and more pumpkin cooking has returned. Actually, I declared early fall this year starting with Butter Squash Risotto… but let's be honest. There is no fall without pumpkin and some sweetness. So this cake was meant to be on blog!
Why, pumpkin cake stuffed with cheesecake!? You might ask?
Well, I bet you know how good citrus and spices compliment pumpkin?! This cake brings all three together. Initially, I wanted to bake a spiced pumpkin cake with citrus cream cheese frosting. But as usual the idea of whipping extra frosting made me change the plans. And I'm so so glad I did what I did!
I mean, I layered and baked cream cheese cake a.k.a frosting and spiced walnut pumpkin cake, together in one Bundt pan, at the same time. I would say it is : frosting re-defined! Creamy, rich, delicious filling... flavoring the pumpkin cake from inside! yumm!
This fall season, this cake will hold special place in my menu. I love, I mean "adore" a self-sufficient decadent cake that don't need any more effort than baking the cake itself! score!
I'm fond of baking cakes which use veggie or fruit as one of the main ingredients and are self-sufficient. No matter how much I try, my recipe takes a turn to grab something from produce – a bunch of clementine, fresh carrots, apples, and today pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin cakes fits right in my baking-like-zone. So, I decided to combine my passion for fruit-based cakes with my new love – cheesecakes. You know, cheesecakes are also very simple and easy one-pan cakes that look amazing, and also taste incredible with just a dollop of whipped cream.
In nutshell, this pumpkin cheesecake cake is easy, moist one pan pumpkin cake with layer of citrus cream cheese running through it. I dressed it with some powdered sugar and quick Lemon Sour Cream glaze for a festive look and feel. And yes, as I said earlier, it needs no frosting. :)
I recommend serving this cake for fall-winter weekend family dinners with warm coffee. Even though it has cheesecake layers.. this cake can be served at room temperature. Cheesecake layer is well set by the time cake cools down after baking. I must tell you that leftovers taste even better the next day if you will get to save some.
PS: Since it is two cakes in one. It needs large 9" bundt pan and makes a good family-size cake.
For making batter, all you need is a whisk, spatula, two clean bowls, and a 9" bundt pan. I mostly use hand held electric mixer for beating, eggs or cream cheese, to smooth consistency.
I first assemble cheesecake batter because that comes together in 5 minutes. Just add cream cheese egg, sour cream, sugar and flavoring in medium bowl and whisk until smooth. That's it. It is that simple.
Next, I clean the whisk and beat together pumpkin cake batter's wet ingredients. Quick folding-in of dry ingredients and pumpkin cake batter is ready too.
The best part is assembling the two cakes in one. I like to sandwich/swirl cheesecake layer in middle of pumpkin cake in free-form to give it natural swirl kinda look. You can experiment and make your favorite pattern too. But, one thing I must tell say - no matter how you swirl the the cheesecake it comes out looking gorgeous!
Today, I have given you a weekend project to welcome fall. Don't forget to pin the recipe and bring home required ingredients. I'm sure this pumpkin cake will shine on your weekend dinner table. Tag me on instagram if you get chance to click pictures. #savitachefdehome
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Swirlreviews) (2
- 1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- 2. For Cheesecake Swirl, in a medium bowl, with a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add flour, and egg and beat on low until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- 3. For Pumpkin Cake: Clean the whisk. In a wide paper plate, combine all dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, salt, sugar (white and brown), Whisk with hand whisk to well combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, lemon juice, canola oil, and lemon extract. With a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat until eggs are well combined with rest of ingredients. Add and mix in pumpkin puree.
- 5. Add dry ingredient and chopped walnuts, into wet ingredients in three batches and fold with spatula until just combined. Don't over mix. A few streaks of dry flour are okay.
- 6. To assemble cake: Add half of pumpkin cake batter in the prepared bundt pan. Dollop all of cream-cheese cake batter on the top. Avoid touching the cake at edges. Don't spread but place spoonfuls.Now, spoon remaining all of pumpkin cake batter on sides and top of cheesecake batter. Smooth top with spatula and pat a couple of times to release air-bubbles.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven for 70-85 minutes or until wooden stick inserted in middle comes out clean. Leave cake in bundt pan on the wire-rack to cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- 8. Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar then pour glaze on top. Serve immediately, or chilled, or at room temperature.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.