Strawberry Basil Mojito
A delicious twist on classic Mint Mojito with tropical Lychee, Purple Basil and Strawberries
Posted By Savita
A refreshing, seasonal fresh strawberries, tropical lychee nuts and basil mojito for your next Outdoor BBQ Party. This is a drink, your guest will be asking 'recipe' for, I'm telling yaa!
It is healthy and satisfying to use local ingredients and home grown herbs to mix up drinks for friends and family. Home grown or store bought, fruit based drinks are my favorite drinks to entertain for parties - one drink can be served to all age groups. Local and fresh ingredients really speak to you with their color, flavor and taste like these gorgeous strawberries and stunning purple basil flowers.
Of-course there can be beer or wine for adults, but no one misses opportunity to taste fruity cocktails.
So, I make drinks with and without alcohol for parties to give my guests option to go for alcohol-free version if they prefer. (Just keep the drink virgin and add alcohol per preference.)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (hulled, thin sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 2 Cup Lychee(Litchi) (Litchi juice)
- 1/2 Cup Basil (plus extra purple basil flowers and few leaves for garnish)
- 2 Lime (Juice of 2 limes, or 3 lemons, use per availability )
- Sparkling Water (plus crushed ice to fill glasses as per need and taste)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Fill four 8-10 oz (1 & 1/2 cup) glasses with ice and keep aside. In a glass or drink muddling jar, add basil leaves, half cup sliced strawberries, pinch of salt and muddle to release flavor.
Additional Notes:For non-alcohol version, skip vodka while mixing ingredients and add it later only for elders.
- 2. Now add lime/lemon juice, vodka, lychee juice. Shake well. Divide equally among four ice filled glasses, fill rest of glass with sparkling water (per your liking), garnish with remaining 1/2 cup slices strawberries, basil flowers and serve immediately.