Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry Spinach salad with feta and walnuts, and homemade refreshing Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. Delicious, simple, and healthy salad recipe to brighten up any meal. You will love the flavors.
Get ready to welcome spring with this refreshing Strawberry Spinach Salad loaded with flavors of strawberries, raspberries, feta, walnuts, and homemade sweet and tangy Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. This simple yet mighty-healthy salad can brighten the flavor of any meal. It is Gluten free. Can be dairy-free.
Oh, the raspberry dressing recipe is two dressings in one. It stays good for 3-4 days. Make once use multiple times. You can even make it last longer with one simple tip. (read on to know more.)
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
The color and flavor of this Strawberry and Spinach salad has spring and summer written all over. Crisp green spinach, juicy fruity strawberries, creamy feta and crunchy walnuts. What not to like? If you are like me who first eat with eyes, this salad is calling your name!
When a salad is so fresh and vibrant, it calls for good quality ingredients. I highly recommend using good sourced spinach, strawberries, feta, and walnuts.
Worth a mention, this Salad recipe is also rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, and heart-healthy walnuts. I often use low-fat skim-milk feta to add just right amount of creaminess. (Salad can be dairy-free when not using feta.)
What Do you Need To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Two of the main ingredients to make Strawberry and Spinach Salad are in the name i.e. fresh spinach and strawberries. Here is the list of all ingredients you need:
- Fresh Spinach - I prefer to use triple-washed, pre-packed baby spinach. Ready to use greens is my secret to including a salad in dinner or packing a salad for lunch. It is the main ingredient in any healthy salad. I clearly eat more salads when I don't have to spend time washing and prepping greens.
- Feta Cheese
- Walnuts - Use toasted or raw. I used raw walnuts for this spinach salad.
- Blueberries are just to add color contrast. Optional but add summer colors on the salad plate and the antioxidants. Also great for Red, White and Blue celebration salad. (hint hint)
- Sweet and Tart Salad Dressing such as Raspberry Dressing (recipe follows)
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Raspberry Dressing is our favorite salad dressing for spinach salad. In winters, I often use Kraft's Raspberry Dressing. In summers, when fresh berries are easy to find and economical.. I love making raspberry dressing at home.
Here is the ingredients you need to make Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing:
Homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing is a two-in-one salad dressing recipe. Without raspberries, this is a tangy honey-mustard dressing with earthy shallots. Add raspberries and this is a bright and vibrant Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. (If making just honey-mustard dressing, add more honey as per taste.)
To make the dressing:
- Honey Mustard Dressing with Shallots: In a small bowl, mix all the main ingredients for raspberry dressing; honey, red wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify oil with mustard and vinegar. Add shallots and adjust salt to taste.
- Raspberry Dressing: Using a fork smash raspberries. Mix with the vinaigrette until well combined.
You can also make raspberry dressing in a food processor or blender. If using food processor blender, add all raspberry vinaigrette dressing ingredients except oil and berries. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream to emulsify. Once vinaigrette is ready. Add raspberries and pulse few more times until vinaigrette is smooth.
Raspberry dressing stays good for 3-4 days. (refrigerated)
Tip: For freshest and bright flavor of raspberries, make vinaigrette dressing up-to a week ahead. Add smashed raspberries just before using dressing for salad.
More Salad Dressing for Strawberry Spinach Salad
Honestly, a good sweet and tart dressing takes spinach strawberry salad to whole new deliciousness.
I often use following homemade Salad Dressing for Strawberry Spinach Salad: (4 Sweet and Tart Salad Dressing Recipes)
- Balsamic Dressing
- Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Chinese Mustard Salad Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (today's recipe)
This is my favorite section of every post where I get to share with you the various ways I serve a recipe from my kitchen. Strawberry Spinach Salad is no exception. Since this is one of my favorite spring/summer salad, here are the variations:
- For complete healthy meal, add cooked chicken (rotisserie or grilled) to make Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad. You can also use salt and pepper Shrimp or lean cooked turkey breast.
- Use Raspberry Dressing or when not have raspberries, make just honey-mustard part of the dressing.
- Use other dressings. Make Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing.
- Use mixed greens instead of just spinach such as Spinach and Arugula or Spinach and Watercress.
- For different flavor, use Candied Pecans or Salted Cashews instead of raw walnuts.
- Try Raspberry Dressing with Grilled Chicken or Pork. (yum!)
Friends, spring is just around the corner. Our local market is already buzzing with flavors of spring. Grab these healthy ingredient on your next trip and try Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Raspberry Dressing. I hope you will like it as much as we do. Enjoy!
Strawberry Spinach Saladreviews) (6
IngredientsStrawberry Spinach Salad
- 1. Prepare Ingredients for Strawberry Spinach Salad: Smash half of the raspberries using a fork and reserve rest for the salad. Sliced the strawberries, slice feta, mince shallots. Set aside.
- 2. Make Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing: In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients with half of the salt. Don't add raspberries. Whisk to emulsify oil with vinegar and mustard until vinaigrette is thick. Add smashed raspberries and mix well. Taste and add more salt to taste. See Note 1 and 2.
- 3. Make Strawberry Spinach Salad: In a large salad bowl or platter, arrange spinach leaves. To with sliced strawberries, blueberries (if using), remaining raspberries, walnuts and crumbled feta. Drizzle few tablespoon of dressing on the top. Serve remaining table-side for self serving. Enjoy!
- Raspberry Dressing is a two-in-one dressing. Without raspberries, it is a tangy honey-mustard dressing with earthy shallots. Add raspberries and it is bright and vibrant Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. If using just honey-mustard, add more honey as per taste.
- You can also make raspberry dressing in a food processor or blender. If using food processor blender, add all raspberry vinaigrette dressing ingredients except oil and berries. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream to emulsify. Once vinaigrette is ready. Add raspberries and pulse few more times until vinaigrette is smooth.
- For complete healthy meal, add cooked chicken (rotisserie or grilled) to make Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad
- You can also use mixed greens instead of just spinach such as Spinach and Arugula or Spinach and Watercress.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.