Delicious Mango Mousse
Posted By Savita
What do you think about these gorgeous and stunning Mango Mousse Cups? They look inviting and scrumptious! Just wanna grab one right now and devour. Well, these are not my words but everyone at the 50th Anniversary party of my friend’s grandparents was saying for my Mango Mousse cups. I specially made 50 cups of Mango Mousse for 50th Anniversary party of most charming couple I ever met, Mr. and Mrs. Anand.
My friend decided to surprise her grandparents on their 50th Anniversary with a surprise party and I was her accomplice (obviously!!, I love surprising and making people happy with gifts, treats and foooood). Dessert and few snacks were my responsibility, so I decided to make Mango Mousse for dessert and Sweet & Sour Oysters in appetizer (pic below, recipe coming soon) and Lamb Biryani for main-course.
We wanted to make this a very special and memorable celebration day for Mr and Mrs. Anand. Instead of going shop to shop and collecting stuff or making lists, we decided to be smart and shop online. PartyWedding.com is my best bet and one stop shop when it comes to shopping for anniversary and other event supplies online. And they not disappointed me at all. We sat together, started shopping for 50th Anniversary Cake Topper when I found this gorgeous 50th Anniversary Yard Sign. Amazing!! How good does that sound? Guests can spot the venue in no time and above all it will look so-so special.
We selected Diamond Napkin Ring Holders and 50th Anniversary Toasting glasses too!! You know, when it comes to anything related to food and eating, I get very excited to buy it all. But definitely this event was budgeted and everything from PartyWedding fit very well in our budget. They had everything in-stock, in affordable price range, from streamers, wall decor, banners, balloons to plates and napkins. My friend bought that Adorable Gold Heart Serve set too (Secret, because I was insisting so much). Cake was a special order from local French Bakery (Mr. Anand’s favorite) and food was courtesy of me and aunty (my friend’s mom).
Everything came together so fast, it was unbelievable. Tables were set with beautiful Golden Confettis and gorgeous tableware, food was ready, guests arrived on time (surprisingly!!). Uncle (Jr. Mr. Anand) came home with Mr. and Mrs. Anand. Lights were switched-off. They entered and we surprised the happy couple with celebration cheers and bottle of champagne. Mrs. Anand was almost in tears. Everyone loved food. (my Briyani and Mango Mousse earned special words of praise and so did my special selection of Gold Heart Serve set, I knew it.). Thanks PartyWedding.com for making this event a grand success and a memorable event for Anands.
Wedding Anniversary marks those special moments of life when you want to cherish the time spent with your soul-mate. Even though every year Wedding Anniversary feels special to me, I want to make our next anniversary that special for my husband. Amen.
Delicious Mango Mousse
- 1/2 tsp Lemon (Lemon Juice)
- 1/2 Cup Mango (Mango Puree, use frozen or you can blend 2 small ripe mangoes in blender.)
- 1 tsp Gelatin (unflavored gelatin)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 12-14 Maraschino Cherry (for serving)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Sprinkle gelatin over half of the mango puree and let it soften (5-8 minutes)2. In a small saucepan over very low heat, cook the mango puree, sugar, lemon juice, and water until sugar has fully dissolved, about 10 minutes. If using fresh blended mangoes then also strain the mixture through a sieve. Add the softened gelatin mixture to the warm juice and whisk until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
3. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the cream until it holds medium peaks. Fold one-third of it into the mango mixture.4. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain and mixture has ribbon like consistency.
5. Pour into a large serving bowl or individual serving cups and store in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hrs up to 3 days. Serve chilled with cherries on the top.
Savita's Notes:I have specially made this second batch of Mango Mousse which will serve 6.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.