Chai Tea Frappuccino
Starting morning with a cup of spiced chai tea, is breakfast ritual in my home that never gets old. Weekday or weekend, winters or summers, chai picks me up no matter what.
In summers, when sun shines so bright, and temperature is in 3 digits... my mind and body debat between cold or hot cup of chai tea.... I still want my chai tea.. :) so I decided to go for iced Chai Tea Frappuccino!
This recipe has all the flavor of masala chai latte that you get in coffee shops such as Starbucks but it is cleaner, homemade, and has distinct good flavor of chai tea.
You know?! I never like to order Chai Latte or Chai Tea Frappe (if coffee shop is selling one).
1) The store versions are too heavy in spices!
2) These lack the good aroma and chai tea flavor.
3) Are laden with spice flavored syrups instead of real deal.
Now, if you like to steep chai tea at home.. specially black chai tea... I bet you know how aromatic and flavorful it is? Somehow I find that flavor missing in those barista cups.
Good things is, you can easily blend one at home, under 10 minutes!! All you need is: a few bags of good quality chai tea, some easy to find spices, and a good blender to blend the ice!! These three and you an enjoy a flavorful, and clean cup of your favorite chai frappuccino!
Oh, and save some money doing so too! Gosh yes!! A tall frappe costs $3+ in many coffee shops! Isn't it?
Note: Don't worry if you don't own a powerful blender. Earlier, I used to cover ice cubes in clean kitchen towel, then crush with roller. This crushed ice blends well with a low power blender as well.
On side note, I took some break from blog recently due to some on going health issues. But I'm so happy to be back and sharing with you. Yet keeping this post sweet and short just like this Frappuccino recipe... hope to share more in future posts.
I hope this easy recipe will give you reason to be your own barista this summer ;)
Have a wonderful day ahead!
Chai Tea Frappuccino
IngredientsChai Tea Frappuccino
- 1. Bring 1/2 cup water to rolling boil with sugar, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and chai tea bags. Once start boiling, remove from heat and let cool completely. Discard spices and tea bags after 5 minutes, then let chai cool.
- 2. Add steeped chai tea, milk, ice cubes to a powerful blender and blend for a few minutes to make sure ice has crushed and blended will with tea and milk. Pour into two glasses, garnish with whipping cream and powdered cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
Carolecan you make the chai tea ahead of time and leave it in the fridge?
SavitaHi Carole, I would make it fresh because fresh hes the best flavor of tea. That said, you can make-ahead and leave it in fridge for few hours.
ManaliHope you are feeling better now, glad to see you back :) The frappuccino sounds wonderful!