Thai Curry and Coconut Spiked Dinner Rolls
The most flavorful and aromatic vegan dinner rolls ever!!
Do you like Thai Curry soups? of course, you do! and do you like green Thai curry with vegetables or chicken in main course? omg.... of course, you do!
Okay, now tell me, do you like Thai Curry Dinner Rolls?
what??? which store sells Thai curry breads??!!!
None that I know about! these rolls are only made at home!!!
:) seriously, this will be THE most aromatic and scrumptious dinner rolls, you would ever eat in dinner! I bet! Specially paired with a mild lentil soup, curry rolls just taste irresistible! When I baked these, my kitchen was smelling like a Thai Restaurant next to a French Bakery! Ha ha!
Vishal is fond of Thai curries in general and always ask me to make him Thai curry soups. For sometime I wanted to share the recipe here, but....... my Thai curry soups never made to blog due to weird reasons... sometimes it's raining and I don't want to mess up the shot, few times I made soup for dinner... and few times in hurry! All in all, never had chance to take a good picture... so... let's see when that happens...
I often make green Thai curry paste at home, and use leftover to make curry chicken, or flat breads or these dinner rolls. Just for this recipe, I decided to go easy on you guys and have used store-bought Thai curry jar. I promise to share recipe for homemade Thai curry paste sometime soon! So, if you want to wait, then please do and make these rolls with homemade curry paste soon.
Now, let's talk diet!
As long as, the Thai curry paste you use is vegan, read labels, these dinner rolls are fully Vegan. No butter, no milk. Only olive oil, curry paste, and coconut milk! I hope you consider Yeast Vegan, because I do. Per my research, yeasts are micro-organisms, and are totally okay for vegan diet.
Sorry, dear friends, this bread is not gluten free. I never tried making it with gluten free flour or buckwheat flour either. So not sure if that can work or not. A worth consideration project though!
Other than these, these dinner rolls, are dairy free, and nut free.
Make Ahead and Shelf Life
This dinner rolls freeze well. I still have a half of rolls frozen. If kept at room temperature, these rolls taste good only 2-3 days max! For best rewarming results, wrap rolls in damp kitchen paper, then microwave for 30 secs at a time, until heated through. You will be amazed how soft these rolls, or any bread rolls in general, will become.
I'm happy to share a awesome recipe with you all! I hope you like it!
How about a weekend project? Bake 12 rolls for delicious soup and bread dinner over the weekend, then freeze rest to enjoy for busy weekdays! Take my word, and pack few to your office for lunch with small portion of soup. Re-heat as I suggested at lunch time, and your all colleagues will be asking recipe :)
Oh! and I missed to tell you, not just for soups, Thai curry dinner rolls are excellent for breakfast or lunch sandwiches.
Have a great weekend!
Some soups of my choice to go with these dinner rolls:
Thai Curry and Coconut Spiked Dinner Rollsreview) (1
1. In a wide bowl, add 1 cup lukewarm water, dissolve 2 tbsp sugar and sprinkle yeast package on top and let it bloom for 10 minutes. If yeast does not bloom, discard and start afresh.2. While yeast is blooming, ready 1/4 cup of green curry paste and coconut milk.
3. In yeast, add coconut milk, salt, olive oil, curry paste, sesame seeds, and 3 cups of flour.4. Mix the dough with a wide spatula, then add flour 1 tbsp at a time until dough comes together. Transfer dough to a work surface and knead for 6-8 minutes or using dough hook, knead the dough on high-speed for 4-5 minutes.
5. Transfer the dough to an oil covered bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and then cover with dry kitchen towel.6. First Rise - Let rise in warm place for 1.5 hrs or until it doubles in size.
7. Punch down the dough and transfer to flour dusted work surface. Using rolling pin, roll to a rough rectangle, then fold horizontally to make a long log.8. Divide the log into 12 equal size portions. Also, in a small bowl, mix remaining 1 tbsp olive oil with curry paste and set aside.
9. Dust a wide baking sheet with flour. Place dough portions on baking sheet with cut-side facing up.10. Second Rise - Cover with dry kitchen towel and leave to rise in warm place for 45 minutes or until empty space in sheet is filled. Make a cut in the center with sharp knife.
11. Set oven to preheat at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush curry-oil paste on each roll and sprinkle with sesame seeds.12. Bake in pre-heated oven, 425 degrees Fahrenheit, for 25 minutes, or until tops are brown and crusty.
- 13. Serve warm or wrap in plastic wrap when cooled. These rolls keep good at room temperature for 2-3 days.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
SamanthaThank you they came out gorgeous only took 18 mins at 425 in my oven.
SavitaHi Samantha, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.
Samantha DiaramPlease explain step 9 I not sure what you mean here. Do I bake 425? Then raise 2nd time please clarify
SavitaHi Samantha, thanks for pointing out. I have corrected steps. You will need to preheat oven only once at 425 F after second rise.
SamanthaPlease explain step 9 it says 425 but do I bake them here ? So confused
SavitaPadma, thanks!! I totally agree, homemade is always the best!
padmaAnything homemade is the best and these rolls are no exception...Looks so yummy..just want to grab one:)
SavitaRitu, thank you so much! I'm so happy you like this recipe!
Ritu ahujaPerfect Rolls. They look so scrumptious. I can finish all of them. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe. :)
SavitaAnupama, thanks! Certainly these roll swill be perfect for a delicious family-style dinner!
AnupamaFresh, still warm, homemade rolls are the best!! Sunday night dinner is so special at home– and these thai curry rolls would be the perfect addition! :)Great share Savita!
SavitaNusrath, thank you so much!
nusrathThese rolls look so yummy! !! A good replacement for regular dinner rolls
SavitaCheri, thanks! love for curry is certainly mutual!
cheriThese rolls look amazing, I love, love curry!
SavitaMira, thanks! I'm glad you like these dinner rolls!
miraLove homemade dinner rolls! These look delicious, great spices! Thanks for the step by step pictures :)
Savitathanks! These dinner rolls are sure irresistible!
ManaliOoo this looks lovely Savita..so much flavor in these dinner rolls! I want to have these for dinner..YUM!
SavitaGingi, thanks! we are on same page, bread is my weak spot too!
GingiOhhh, those look so yummy!! Bread is my weak spot! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com