Brunch Salad in Parmesan Heart Cups with Chipotle-Sour Cream Dressing
Huhh!!! quite a mouthful! and quite scrumptious too!!
Posted By Savita
Sharing with you all, a delicious, mouth-watering, and beautiful looking single-serve-salad recipe!
Actually... this is a 3-in-one recipe, in-fact, 4-in-one! ask how?
well.. well... First of all, most importantly, this salad is perfect fit for a Valentine's Day Brunch or Dinner, starter salad! All components of this gorgeous salad are singing a love song - dates, sweet chocolate, rich parmesan cheese heart-cups, fresh and juicy strawberries, nuts, plus a creamy dressing! a perfect sweet and spicy combination of flavors!
Second, I'm sharing with you recipe to make own parmesan Crisp Cups! Trust me!! It is so easy, 2 ingredients and just 15 minutes and you will have beautiful and EDIBLE salad cups, ready to serve in a party or for at-home gourmet experience, as a first course, to a romantic candle-light-dinner-for-two!
- 6 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated cheese, plus extra for sprinkling on salad)
- Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (5-6 large berries, sliced thin, vertically)
- 1 Baby Romaine (heart, small chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts (or pecans)
- 4-5 Dates (pitted, sliced vertically)
- 1/4 Cup Cranberries (dried berries, optional)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Candies (I have used M&M's)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Chipotle in Adobo (fine minced)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 tbsp Water
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
Parmesan Crisp Heart Cups
Strawberry Romaine Salad
Creamy Chipotle-Sour Cream Dressing
- 1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, mix all ingredients and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- 3. On parchment or silicon lined baking sheet, spread , 4 portions of 1.5 tbsp parmesan cheese each, in circle bigger than your cup-mold, space at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
While cheese is baking, place, up-side-down, four small cup-molds or invert a 6-set muffin tin rack, or invert heart-shape mini-cake pans (as per availability) When cheese is nice and bubbly, work quickly to lift the cheese with flat spatula and place on upside-down cups, press with spoon from sides to make shape. Leave it to set until completely cooled.
Additional Notes:Be careful it will be hot. Don't burn yourself! And still work quickly as cheese hardens pretty fast!
- 5. Once set, divide salad among four parmesan bowls, sprinkle some fresh parmesan grated on salad and top with pecans/walnuts and MandM chocolate. Serve dressing and remaining salad in a bowl on the side!