Cucumber, Lime and Basil Sorbet
No Ice Cream Machine Needed!
Posted By Savita
Hello Friends! I hope you all enjoying the weekend! Today, I'm sharing with you a fun, refreshing, vegan sorbet that just demands only 15 minutes of your time! Yes! Trust me! Only grab ingredient, blend, mix, and freeze!! It is that simple! And good news!! it even don't need an ice cream machine..... continue reading to unfold the mystery :)
Spring will be officially here, soon! But.... in San Diego, temperature is already touching 92! Can you believe that?! Feels like we have just jumped Spring and have entered straight into summers!!
To tackle the scorching heat, today, I blended some cucumbers, lime and basil for a cold refreshment. I'm not so much into desserts, so thought to share this, my style of sweet-refreshment, with you all! Plus color of this sorbet felt so apt for St. Patrick's day, that it just fueled my thought of posting this recipe, no matter what!
- 5-6 Basil (leaves)
- 1/4 Cup Lime (juice, and 1/2 teaspoon zest)
- 2 Cucumber (peeled, quatered)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 drop Food Color (green, optional)
- Maraschino Cherry
- Basil (fresh leaves)
- 1. Boil half cup water with sugar until sugar has melted and set aside.
- 2. Blend cucumber in food processor or smoothie blender with basil, lime juice and zest to a fine puree with remaining half cup of water.
- 3. Once sugar and water mix has cooled. Mix it in cucumber mixture with one drop of green color (if using).
Leave mix in freezer to cool for 20 minutes or until semi-frozen. After 25 minutes, pour in blender and blend until ice crystal are very fine. Refreeze until ready to use. For finer sorbet consistency, repeat blending one more after 25 minutes and then freeze fully.
Additional Notes:If using Ice Cream Machine, pour mix in jar and churn per manufacturer instruction until nice and think. Then freeze until ready to use.
- 5. Take out of freezer 5 minutes before serving. Scoop into serving cups, garnish with basil and cherries, and serve immediately.
Sorbets melt pretty quickly. Keep serving cups in refrigerator until ready to serve to the guests!