Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShrimpItUp #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Low-carb Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice, crunchy butterfly shrimp stuffed tacos served with drizzle of zippy jalapeno cream sauce! Sounds delicious?
How about spending just 25 minutes in kitchen to serve a family of four a delicious dinner like these Shrimp Tacos? I would say, "bring it on!" If you think the same, then let's make some shrimp tacos today!!
I'm in mood of sharing Spanish a.k.a. Mexican Food whole week. These shrimp tacos are second recipe of the week. Earlier you enjoyed Mojo Chicken.
Why? Well, just because I love Mexican flavors.
Oh, and also because sunny days are back in California. ;) Humor me on this one because sunny days hardly went anywhere.... Whole winter was a hide-and-seek between 90 degrees and 60 degrees! That's it!
Anyways, I'm still happy to see approaching Spring/Summers. Also, when life gives you too much sunshine, you..... ??..... click pictures without artificial light!!! lol! What were you thinking?!
- 1 lbs Cauliflower (1/2 head, 10-12 florets, rough chopped)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Lime (juice of about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Cilantro (fresh leaves, chopped)
- 2 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (or Mexican Crema)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, about 1 lime)
- 1 Cup Cilantro (handful fresh leaves)
- Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1 Garlic (clove)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lbs Shrimp (such as SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp)
- 5-6 Radish (thin sliced)
- Lemon (for marinating radish, and wedges for serving tacos)
- Cilantro (fresh leaves, garnish)
- 6-8 Tortillas (soft corn or flour tortillas, for tacos)
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Jalapeno Cream Sauce
- 1. Jalapeno Cream Sauce - In food processor, add jalapeno cream sauce ingredients and process until pureed and smooth. Taste and adjust salt, lemon juice. Remove in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Also, mix sliced radish with lemon juice and salt and set aside to marinate.
- 2. Cauliflower Rice - In food processor jar, add 4-5 chopped florets at a time and pulse 4-5 times until texture resembles rice. Don't overwork or cauliflower will get mushy. Repeat for all remaining cauliflower. Remove in a plate and set aside.
- 3. In a wide pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, and cauliflower. Saute on high heat for 1-2 minutes while mixing the seasonings into the rice. Sprinkle salt, add lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well and remove from heat.
- 4. Cook Shrimp - Wipe the same pan, add oil for pan frying shrimp. When oil is hot (375 degrees Fahrenheit), add frozen SeaPak Butterfly shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp on paper-lined plate and set aside. You can slice shrimp to bite-size pieces or use whole.
- 5. Warm tortillas - Heat them until just soft gas grill or stove or cover them in damp towel and microwave for 20 secs at a time until tortillas are soft. Serve tacos family-style or assemble and serve!
- 6. For eating, top each taco with generous portion of Cauliflower Rice, shrimp, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro. Serve Jalapeno Crema on the side. Drizzle on the top just before eating! enjoy!