Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShrimpItUp #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Low-carb Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice, crunchy butterfly shrimp stuffed tacos served with drizzle of zippy jalapeno cream sauce! Sounds delicious?
How about spending just 25 minutes in kitchen to serve a family of four a delicious dinner like these Shrimp Tacos? I would say, "bring it on!" If you think the same, then let's make some shrimp tacos today!!
I'm in mood of sharing Spanish a.k.a. Mexican Food whole week. These shrimp tacos are second recipe of the week. Earlier you enjoyed Mojo Chicken.
Why? Well, just because I love Mexican flavors.
Oh, and also because sunny days are back in California. ;) Humor me on this one because sunny days hardly went anywhere.... Whole winter was a hide-and-seek between 90 degrees and 60 degrees! That's it!
Anyways, I'm still happy to see approaching Spring/Summers. Also, when life gives you too much sunshine, you..... ??..... click pictures without artificial light!!! lol! What were you thinking?!
On a serious note, I happen to love tacos all seasons long! For me it is a quintessential, easy-to-put-together weekday dinner and favorite of everyone in family.
A taco is incomplete without a delicious protein, some creamy sauce, crunchy toppings, and hearty filling! When I got opportunity to share SeaPak® Shrimp products, I jumped at the idea to share some easy hearty tacos dinner recipe. I mean, what will be better than soft taco topped with a delicious crunchy protein and some zesty toppings for a mouthwatering and easy Weekday Dinner?!
So let's get ready for a delicious Taco Night!!
When I started making tacos at home, I often lacked enough taco filling ideas except some protein, beans or rice. After serving tacos for a while, I started thinking for some different, healthier, and lite fillings. Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggie filling for tacos. To carry on the Spanish theme, I made Spanish-rice style Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. The soft and nutty texture of cauliflower rice replace the regular rice so seamlessly... you won't even feel the need of regular rice. Plus the flavor is so good with tang of lime, seasonings, and fresh cilantro!! Chances are, you will filling tacos with Spanish Cauliflower Rice more often than regular rice and beans.
The flavorings for rice keeps changing in my taco dinners. Depending upon availability, I make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or Spanish Tomato Rice or sometimes even Cauliflower Rice Verde. yumm!! :) Just please don't forget to stuff the tacos with good amount of Cauliflower Rice and lots of crunchy shrimp!
There is one more reason to fill tacos with a hearty filling like cauliflower rice. It will hold the taco together and won't let tacos get soggy. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a soggy falling-apart taco. No offense to all those messy taco lovers, I like my tacos filled yet clean. Recently, we visited a famous food chain for Friday dinner and one of friend happened order fish tacos. I was astonished looking at the tacos. Soft tacos were filled with runny radish and cabbage slaw which has made tacos so so soggy and annoyingly cold since slaw was cold and was filled in warm tacos..
So, please don't fill tacos with radish first. Start with cauliflower rice, and then add any toppings you like. Also, for best results, drizzle jalapeno cream just before serving.
Even though Shrimp tacos take 25 minutes to cook and serve..... for busy weekday's taco nights, I keep most condiments ready to go so I spend least time in kitchen.
I start by preparing Cauliflower Rice in morning or a night before. Cauliflower Rice are very easy to prepare. Just making sure to pulse less florets, at a time in food processor, yields very good texture of rice. It becomes mushy when over-processed. Then I saute'em with seasonings, let cool and refrigerate until ready to use. It is also important to warm'em slightly before serving. Trust me, cold Cauliflower rice are not good in tacos.
Sometimes, I also prepare Jalapeno Cream Sauce in morning. I like to add salt just before serving so that cream does not start losing water. A crunchy taco needs creamy condiment and Jalapeno Cream is not only creamy but is zesty too. It complements the crunchy fish and Spanish Cauliflower rice very well.
For dinner, I just heat oil in a wide skillet, add butterfly SeaPak Shrimp, 6-8 pieces at a time and cook until crispy and warmed through (about 2-3 minutes each side). If I have few minutes to preheat oven, sometimes I also bake shrimp at 375 degrees F until crispy. This gives me time to ready rest of toppings or just arrange the dinner table while Shrimp gets ready. How awesome does that sound? In few minutes, ready to serve a scrumptious dinner!
So this was my story of serving a delicious Shrimp Tacos to my family. How about you? Do you love tacos? Do you have a special trick to make'em exra special for your family?! I would love to hear.
Wish you a great day!
Cauliflower, Cilantro, Rice, and Tacos = Some thing delicious cooking!!
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Cauliflower Rice Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
- 1 lbs Cauliflower (1/2 head, 10-12 florets, rough chopped)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Lime (juice of about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Cilantro (fresh leaves, chopped)
- 2 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (or Mexican Crema)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, about 1 lime)
- 1 Cup Cilantro (handful fresh leaves)
- Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1 Garlic (clove)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lbs Shrimp (such as SeaPak Butterfly Shrimp)
- 5-6 Radish (thin sliced)
- Lemon (for marinating radish, and wedges for serving tacos)
- Cilantro (fresh leaves, garnish)
- 6-8 Tortillas (soft corn or flour tortillas, for tacos)
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Jalapeno Cream Sauce
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Jalapeno Cream Sauce - In food processor, add jalapeno cream sauce ingredients and process until pureed and smooth. Taste and adjust salt, lemon juice. Remove in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Also, mix sliced radish with lemon juice and salt and set aside to marinate.2. Cauliflower Rice - In food processor jar, add 4-5 chopped florets at a time and pulse 4-5 times until texture resembles rice. Don't overwork or cauliflower will get mushy. Repeat for all remaining cauliflower. Remove in a plate and set aside.
3. In a wide pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, and cauliflower. Saute on high heat for 1-2 minutes while mixing the seasonings into the rice. Sprinkle salt, add lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well and remove from heat.4. Cook Shrimp - Wipe the same pan, add oil for pan frying shrimp. When oil is hot (375 degrees Fahrenheit), add frozen SeaPak Butterfly shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp on paper-lined plate and set aside. You can slice shrimp to bite-size pieces or use whole.
5. Warm tortillas - Heat them until just soft gas grill or stove or cover them in damp towel and microwave for 20 secs at a time until tortillas are soft. Serve tacos family-style or assemble and serve!6. For eating, top each taco with generous portion of Cauliflower Rice, shrimp, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro. Serve Jalapeno Crema on the side. Drizzle on the top just before eating! enjoy!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.