Spiked Vodka Strawberry Agua Fresca
Sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateTheSummer #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers 21 or older. Play Responsibly.
Posted By Savita
Sharing today, a refreshing Red White and Blue theme, 4th of July party cocktail made with fresh juicy strawberries, sugar, splash of lime juice and punch of premium quality Vodka. Call it Spiked Strawberry Agua Fresca or Strawberry Fresca Cocktail, these all names sum up to refreshing and colorful glass of fruity cocktail that will make any party extra-special!
Just 5 simple ingredients - Vodka, strawberries, sugar, lime and water! And this cliche-proof cocktail can help you ditch all canned party-drinks!
Oh, and look at the color!! Isn't gorgeous?! Refreshing?! :-)
Friends, when I'm hosting a summer party, I serve lots and lots of quick and fresh dishes in party menu. I'm sure you know, a couple of salads always hit the party buffet. :) Another party must-have? A big pitcher of Cocktail! For flavor, I love to serve unique and refreshing cocktails that are brightened with sweetness of juicy summer fruits and clean good quality alcohols such as Vodka!
- 1 lbs Strawberries
- 1.5 Cup Vodka (such as Stars and Stripes SVEDKA Vodka, adjust per liking)
- 3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (adjust per taste, less sweet berries need more sugar)
- 3 tbsp Lime (juice)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1-2 Lime (sliced thin)
- Blueberries (a handful)
Strawberry Agua Fresca Cocktail
- 1. Core the strawberries, cut out stars using small star-shaped-cutter. Roughly chop rest of the strawberries. Slice and juice limes.
- 2. Core the strawberries and roughly chop. Add to blender or food processor with water, lime juice, salt, and sugar. Blend until fully smooth (about 1 minute)
- 3. Strain the mixture to remove all fiber. Discard fiber.
- 4. Pour into pitcher, add vodka and mix well. Taste and adjust lime juice, salt, or sugar per liking. Pour over ice into serving glasses or if serving immediately, add ice to the pitcher.
- 5. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices. For 4th of July theme party, garnish with skewers of blueberry and strawberries.
Tip for Party Cocktails:
1. Always add ice just before serving cocktail. When not ready to serve, leave cocktail pitcher in refrigerator to chill. (make room in fridge for pitcher ahead of time)
2. If ice dilutes flavor of cocktail, or for long parties, place pitcher on top of shallow bowl filed with ice.
3. You can also freeze some ice cubes of strawberry agua fresca without vodka and use those to chill cocktail without diluting the flavor.