Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Chicken Skewers served with side of seasoned rice for a flavorful summer weekday dinner or weekend BBQ!!
Posted By Savita
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Skewers - Sweet, sour, pleasantly spicy Hawaiian sauce marinated chicken skewers (kabobs) with slices of juicy sweet pineapple, red onion, and bell pepper!
To me this means, happy summer grilling days with chicken skewers sizzling on the grill, a glass of favorite drink in hand.... and chit-chat with friends and family!! A perfect way to spend weekend evening! Isn't it?
Since long weekend of 4th of July is here.... I thought it will be best to share with you an easy and juicy grilled chicken skewers recipe.
This Hawaiian Chicken marinade is so flavorful and makes chicken so juicy, sweet & sour that everyone in gathering would reach for few skewers. The sweetness of pineapple, agave, when combined with lite tamari soy sauce, nutty sesame oil and tangy ketchup... it gives chicken that sweet and sour BBQ chicken flavor... and zippy looks makes party-platter look so eye-catchy!
What I like the most about this Hawaiian Chicken?
- 1/3 Cup Pineapple (juice, fresh or packed, unsweetened )
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (I used gluten free tamari)
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup (or honey, for sweetness)
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (or hot sauce)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, about a tbsp, grated)
- 1 tsp Ginger (powder, Or 1 inch fresh ginger, grated)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lbs Chicken (boneless breast, cubed)
- 2 Cup Pineapple (cut same size as chicken and bell pepper)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced to small squares)
- 1 Bell Pepper (green, sliced to small squares)
Hawaiian Chicken Marinade
Mix Hawaiian Chicken Marinade in a bowl, add cubed chicken and let is marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
Additional Notes:If using wooden skewers, soak in water to avoid burning on the grill.
- 2. Slice and dice veggies and set aside.
- 3. Set iron griddle or gas grill to preheat. Skew chicken and veggies on metal or wooden skewers with threading chicken and veggies in alternate fashion. Place skewers on medium heat grill.
- 4. Cook 2-3 minutes each side until chicken is cooked from all sides and is caramelized. Brush remaining marinade over chicken once or twice for more caramelized color and flavor.
- 5. Serve skewers with side of rice for main course or slaw and grilled bread for bbq party. Enjoy!